• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes You Feel Loved?

What makes you feel loved?

• Physical Touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gifts

• Acts of Service

• Quality Time

• Compliments

• All, or a combination of the above

• Total voters

Night Owl

~Momentai
We all have a special way we like to be told "I love you".

Some people like compliments.
Literally saying "I love you", or even just simple compliments mean the world to them and lets them know they are cared about.

Others like acts of service. To them actions speak louder than words.
They'd rather have you do tasks for them to show that you love them rather than say it.

Gifts are another method people use to know they are loved.
They know they are cared about when gifts are given to them, They also like giving gifts.

Sometimes just having someone near them is enough. They like spending quality time with others, even if it is just simply being in the same room.

For some, Physical touch is the strongest way to show love. It doesn't necessarily mean they like *** all the time.
Holding hands to huggling, High-fives to pats on the back also convey love to them

We all like to use all of the methods at times, but one usually speaks the loudest to us.

So what method speaks the loudest to you?
Are there any instances where you knew someone loved you because of that?

What is your favorite way to show your love to others?

Edit: Silver found a quiz that may be beneficial if you are unsure
Acts of survice Trust me, my art teacher had us take a test on it.

If you'd like to know here it is, take the quiz :)

I think giving people high fives also makes me feel loved too. And the person I am dating is DEFIANTLY physical touch.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
What makes me feel loved:
Whenever I receive compliments, it just... feels really nice to know that people actually think that way about me. ;_;

How I show my love for others:
I love giving people comfort and assurance whenever I can. If they're happy, I'm happy. :)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I feel loved when people give me presents, mostly.

I show my love by giving presents and doing nice things for people.

Presents are pretty much my specialty... I am a craft person, so it's what I love to do, too.

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
I feel loved when people talk to me just to talk. Not try and scrounge money off me or a free ride.Honestly, I don't feel very loved now that I think about it.

I took Silver's handy test. It showed up with Words of Affirmation which is odd since I find it hard to accept compliments unless I know they're true. But it's getting easier...

But I'll have to vote Physical Touch. From what I know of me... High-fives, hugs, and such make me feel like a person is really there, not just a figment of my imagination, and believe me I actually get like that sometimes. But although I voted that, a person telling me how awesome I am makes me feel appreciated, too... Of course, if they think I'm awesome. I mean, I don't' think I'm amazing, but I think I'm a decent person. Gaahhh... all I know is, all of you are awesome. I'm just odd.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I picked a combination.

My guy gets me little random gifts sometimes - he goes out to get a few neccessary things from the store and comes back with chocolate, for instance. I like compliments - Very often, I feel depressed, but log onto my email and find someone giving me some really in-depth complement for some stupid fanfic of mine and it will lift me up and make my day. - Anything that makes me feel "less worthless" like that is good.

For me, ultimately, however, love is staying by someone when they are unlovely. I know I am loved in my everday life because, given my emotional/mental disorder, sometimes I am absolute Hell to live with. Those who can put up with my little hells and be there to hug me after a panic attack or emotional outburst, and who can put up with my obnoxious idosycracies... I know those are the ones who truly love me. Everyone else falls away / makes their desire to see me go away pretty clear at some point.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Acts of survice Trust me, my art teacher had us take a test on it.

If you'd like to know here it is, take the quiz :)

I think giving people high fives also makes me feel loved too. And the person I am dating is DEFIANTLY physical touch.

I don't know if you could tell that the 5 love languages are what this thread is based on. My parents have read the books (there is one for parents with children)
So I have grown up knowing about them.

I've always known Mine was physical touch, as I love snuggling with my Mom when I feel like love is missing. Hi-fives and the like also speak alot, especially when I'm stressed in sports.
Quality time and words of affirmation are the second highest, those are the three languages I give and like to receive the most.

@HM your strongest maybe words of Affirmation. If someone has hurt you using words, you would be slower in accepting love from compliments from those people.
I know if someone touches me the wrong way knowing I don't like it, I dislike being in physical contact with the person.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Usually its a combination of all the things... can't say I can narrow it down to one.

But if you're talking "love" love, as in, relationships... then I'd have to say that the biggest thing would be not being ignored. The showing that they care, and that they are there for you. That can be achieved in numerous ways, but I think that's the most important thing needed to sense they love you. I personally don't need to hear the words "I love you" all the time to know they care, and I certainly don't need gifts to show it either... compliments are only good when the person giving the compliment truly feels that way, and they are okay once and a while. Quality time is a key factor, but it's only valuable if you're actively doing (whatever) together. I mean, you can watch a movie, or something, and still be kind of distant. Physical touch definitely signals feelings for another, and you kind of need it. If you don't have physical touch, then either one of you thinks that the other is really dirty, deceased, or something is wrong... or that one of you just doesn't feel that way. And yes, you can have too little, and you don't always "need" it that MUCH, depending, but it is a key factor in showing somebody you care. That's just how humans are. Our customs are that hugging shows affection, and handshakes for greeting, and well, heck! we have all sorts of physical touch methods that symbolize something. It's just in our nature. So, I would say it's pretty important. If you have a loved one, who doesn't physically touch you in some way, that could make you worry. They would at least hug you.

Now, if you are talking "Family" kind of love, well, it's still a combination. Families and firends need to show that they are there for you as well. A lot of the things I said for relationships can be applied to family, however, not in the same way. Parents make you feel loved by holding/hugging you when you have a nightmare, or your brother's being a jerk, or even when you have an embarrassing accident. Your friends, and people you hang out with, will do the same if they care. And this continues throughout life, though it's different each time. But none the less, Physical touch remains really important. And there even has been a psychological study on the effects of a mother holding her young. It found that a mother's physical touch is needed for a baby to develop properly. I learned this in my Psychology class.
Basically, there were three groups of monkeys. One grew up with a real monkey mother that held them and caressed them as babies. One group had a stuffed monkey as a mother, and they could feel the soft fake fur of the plush that they could lay on. and the last group had like- a wire-frame (or something) monkey that wasn't soft at all.

Well, the studies showed that the monkeys with the real mother were the most social monkeys, and the most relaxed and friendly. The ones with the Plush mother were still friendly, but a bit shy. (if I remember exactly) And the last group, with the wire-monkey-mother were aggressive and mean. They did not become social at all. SO, it seems that physical touch can make one feel loved, and helps with mental growth.
And, like with the other one, Quality time is good, but again dependent on weather you are receiving attention from your family/friends. Really, it's no different than relationship love, but less intimate, obviously. So, I'd still say it's a combination of things with physical touch and attention that really shows you if they care and what makes you feel loved.

Joy

The Sexy One
I am a very tactile person. I am always hugging someone, and I just love sitting in someone's lap or even just resting on their shoulder. I think physical contact is extremely important. If I can't get my daily dose of love I get really grumpy.

Dan

Erm, I'm just going to say acts of service, snicker and walk off laughing. ;)

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I am definitely a quality of time person. Nothing makes me feel more loved than when someone chooses to just spend time with me one on one--especially these days when doing so means putting down the phone/computer and actually focusing on a person who is right in front of you.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What makes me feel loved:
Just a sincere smile and when people respect me for who I am

What I do to make others feel loved:
To give others a good day and something they will smile about

When it comes to the poll just a combination of all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom