• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Makes the Miyamoto Order Invalid.

So if OoT was never meant to be the Seal War, why did the guy who wrote the game's plot say it was the Seal War?

I think it was meant to be the Seal War, but it ended up causing too many problems than it solved. A major point about the SW was that there was no hero around. That is why the armies started battling, and why the Sages had to seal Ganon away, because he couldn't be defeated by other means.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
The story doesn't specify whether there was a hero around or not.
Contradictions aside, in 1998, after OoT was released, the man who wrote the game's plot, a well as the man who developed the characters, stated that the game was the Seal War.

Wind Waker may have changed that, yes, but the plot differences between OoT and aLttPs backstory were irrelevant in 1998, because the game was the Seal War then, by admittance of its creators. The legend of the Seal War is said to be a legend shrowded in the mists of time.

Plot differences aren't really valid because of this. Wind Waker severing connections may be.

For some reason I always put the timeline in the order they were released unless a game was put otherwise. And since there's a split timeline, I put it thusly:

OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoS/A, MC, FSA, TP, (ZXV)
OoT, MM, (ST), TWW, PH, (ST)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
For some reason I always put the timeline in the order they were released unless a game was put otherwise. And since there's a split timeline, I put it thusly:

OoT, MM, LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoS/A, MC, FSA, TP, (ZXV)
OoT, MM, (ST), TWW, PH, (ST)

This defeats the purpose of the thread. We're ONLY supposed to be talking about ALTTP's placement in relevance to LoZ/AoL.

Also, your timeline is wrong. I can't put it any more clearly than that. It actually takes A LOT of knowledge of the series and you do have to do some homework to make a timeline. It isn't nearly as simple as placing the games in order of their release. If you want to discuss your timeline, make a thread for it.

This defeats the purpose of the thread. We're ONLY supposed to be talking about ALTTP's placement in relevance to LoZ/AoL.

Fair enough. Since Wind Waker is from the split timeline, I'd still have to put ALttP after the original two. So, OoT>MM>(TP)>LoZ>AoL>ALttP

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Fair enough. Since Wind Waker is from the split timeline, I'd still have to put ALttP after the original two. So, OoT>MM>(TP)>LoZ>AoL>ALttP

Once again, we are ONLY talking about 4 games at the moment. LoZ, AoL, ALTTP and OoT. Stop adding games that are not being discussed.

Your correct post should say LoZ-AoL-ALTTP with OoT in front. That's all we're discussing right now. Leave the other crap out til we get there.

You should also come up with a better reason for your placement than "this is the order the games were made."

That argument doesn't work for any of the games. Some of the games work out that way (direct sequels), but other than direct sequels, it is impossible to place games based on their release date.

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

LoZ and AoL don't make sense being before ALttP for several reasons.

Let me say some of those.

1 - Ganon dies at the end of LoZ and stays dead at the end of AoL, while the BS of ALttP clearly states that he(Ganondorf, not ganon) and his gang of thieves invaded the SR and touched the triforce, the rest you all know.

2 - The fact that it was Ganondorf and not Ganon who entered the Sacred Realm, makes me think and wonder if he already had touched the Triforce in FSA, since it clearly says through the game that it was Ganondorf, and not Ganon who went to the Pyramid and stole the Trident of Power.

LoZ and AoL don't make sense being before ALttP for several reasons.

Let me say some of those.

1 - Ganon dies at the end of LoZ and stays dead at the end of AoL, while the BS of ALttP clearly states that he(Ganondorf, not ganon) and his gang of thieves invaded the SR and touched the triforce, the rest you all know.

2 - The fact that it was Ganondorf and not Ganon who entered the Sacred Realm, makes me think and wonder if he already had touched the Triforce in FSA, since it clearly says through the game that it was Ganondorf, and not Ganon who went to the Pyramid and stole the Trident of Power.

Yeah, and that backstory is prequeling the first game, LoZ, not ALttP. It makes much more sense for ALttP to come after AoL.

Ganon dies at the end of LttP, and quite possibly even more thoroughly (if you can be more thoroughly dead...); because there were no ashes or anything left of Ganon after LttP (although that could just be for gameplay).

Here's a question, when in LttP does the king of Hyrule rule with the Triforce?

While I agree in 1991 it went LttP-LoZ/AoL, in 1998 Miyamoto said it went OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP, so that's the way it would be in 1998.

Ganon dies at the end of LttP, and quite possibly even more thoroughly (if you can be more thoroughly dead...); because there were no ashes or anything left of Ganon after LttP (although that could just be for gameplay).

Here's a question, when in LttP does the king of Hyrule rule with the Triforce?

While I agree in 1991 it went LttP-LoZ/AoL, in 1998 Miyamoto said it went OoT-LoZ/AoL-LttP, so that's the way it would be in 1998.

Exactly.

As for when the King rules with the Triforce, I would say OoX, but we're still talking about 1998, aren't we?

Man, I wish I could delete those first two posts. They will haunt me for years to come...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom