• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Made You Happy Today?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was watching a video about Clip Studio Paint tools that are unique to the software, and there was one called the gap-less fill tool. It's pure magic and exactly what I've been looking for to accomodate my preferred workflow! You just pop your sketch or line work as a reference layer, go on a new layer and select around it and it instantly creates a perfect silhouette to then paint the flat colors onto.

I used to spend an hour trying to flat color manually, and up until now the only step that I knew about that could have sped things up was lasso tool selecting the lineart, but I tried that and it was too tedious for me.

Now it just gets done in a second, and I'm in love!

Krita has that I'm pretty sure. I used clipping layers a lot in SAI, and Krita has something similar called preserve alpha on a layer setting which actually is better than a clipping layer cuz it's all on the same layer instead of coloring on a separate layer. Make your silhouette, then preserve alpha so you can color on it without going outside of the silhouette.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you but, if you tick this on any silhouette layer
3ace117f98.png

then you can do this

c0f8ed950b.gif

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Krita has that I'm pretty sure. I used clipping layers a lot in SAI, and Krita has something similar called preserve alpha on a layer setting which actually is better than a clipping layer cuz it's all on the same layer instead of coloring on a separate layer. Make your silhouette, then preserve alpha so you can color on it.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you but, if you tick this on any silhouette layer
3ace117f98.png

then you can do this

c0f8ed950b.gif
Yes! I was thinking I could use the gap-less fill tool on Clip Studio to make the silhouette layer instantly, and then move over to Krita to paint on it!

Before creating the silhouette was the thing that was kind of time consuming.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
You can fill in spaces on krita too, but it leaves a space between the fill and the line art you then have to go and manually fill in, plus flipping back and forth between the lineart to select and then the color layer. Clip studio is amazing with its fill feature.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I won my vgc match today :D
I didn't play particularly well but I had some great reads
one thing I'm especially proud of was predicting my opponent to shift strategies in game 3 and lead whimsicott+tapu fini
I predicted it perfectly and led with gothitelle+spectrier and fake out+shadow balled the whimsicott before they could get tailwind off

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
My mom's friends came over for dinner and they brought their kids, who are pretty into Smash so we all played for a couple hours and had a great time, first time I've gotten to play with people in person all summer and it was great.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Very few things happened at work today during this eight-hour period where we only have two guys on duty.
Good.
Things didn't get as bad as they could've gotten if it were as busy as yesterday.
And I managed to get to the cafeteria so I didn't miss out on BBQ Briskets and Deep-Fired-Cheesy-Bacon-Broccoli-Bites

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom