• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Made You Happy Today?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I did post that I was annoyed with the price of Planet Fitness, but am still super happy to be able to go to a gym again. I’m still not able to run on my leg so my physical activity has been slacking. It’s great to be able to go somewhere and get moving.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Super busy day at work. We were slammed like you wouldn't believe. Got a few bus loads full of grade schoolers on a field trip come in - mostly girls. Now kids are usually cute enough on any given day, but this group was really nice. There was this one table of five girls whose custard orders I took at register, and I ended up being the one to deliver them when the time came too.

So I was feeling kinda peeved a bit because we were so busy I was stressed and a couple of *****es co workers were bothering me as usual. And I felt kinda bad because it showed in my tone. But when I delivered the ice cream to them one of em handed me a handful of coins and said "I want you to have this for all your hard work." Next think I know the other four are piling change and bills (whatever they had left over after ordering) on my tray and telling me what a good job I was doing.

Now, giving kids ice cream is satisfying at the best of times- but to hear such praise coming from a bunch of kids was so heart warming (and of course a few extra dollars doesn't hurt!) and reminds me why I keep serving people food for a living at all. And just when I was starting to feel selfish, some perspective came at just the right time.

And somewhere out there, there are five mothers wondering where all the money they gave their daughters for their field trip went! :D

Tru story,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom