• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art What Lies Beneath.

Wallmaster

terrible things
NOTE: This story begins during the seven year period in which Link is asleep.
NOTE: Constructive criticism and comments are welcome! If people want to see more parts, I'll be happy to write them up.
NOTE: This fan fiction is rated T. There will be violent and/or graphic scenes. Read at your own risk.

"Eighty Rupees! Only a mere fifty rupees and this fine Hylian Shield could be yours!"

"Sell me something, sell me something please!"​

"Embark on this journey, and you too can become a happiness salesman!"​

The hustle and bustle of Castle Town was in full swing by the afternoon. The sun had just reached it's maximum height and was peaking over the town that laid just at the foot of the castle itself. Between the massive crowds, a slender child had weaved through the abundance of individuals towards the marketplace, holding a single wooden basket woven by her mother -- procured of the finest wood from the Kokiri Forest. Considering Kakariko Village had suffered a drought recently, food was scarce among Hyrule, given Kakariko Village was famous for their crops this time of the year. Most of it gets traded to Castle Town, where locals and outsiders alike waited a painfully long line. Sometimes, the supply was so great, that the food would run out before most people got their items. Even though the exterior of Castle Town was cheerful, and seemingly bursting with life and ambition, it was anything but. A low murmur escaped from the child's stomach as she used her free hand to clutch it. Truthfully, she couldn't remember the last time she had a decent meal.

Hyrule really had fallen into some dark times.

A loud rumble had escaped from the direction of Hyrule Castle, turning the heads of several Hyruleans.

;; Was it my stomach ag-- ;;

It all happened too quick. Too fast to react. The child of around fourteen years was blasted to her feet by the explosion resonating from Hyrule Castle. It wasn't too long from that point until mass hysteria broke out. The Hyrulean Soldiers readied their spears in anticipation for what was to occur, but even they couldn't stop what was to come. Even the fleeting figure of the lovely Princess Zelda looked haunted in comparison to what was chasing her and Impa, Zelda's personal guardian.

A black stallion had come right after, and the man upon it -- now to be known as the King of Evil, stood triumphant as he watched those yet remaining squander for their lives. The young female hid behind the now unoccupied fruit stand. He cackled. She severely hoped he did not see her. His laugh alone sent chills racking down to her very core. Holding a spear in one hand while guiding the stallion with the left, a powerful burst of dark energy surrounded the Castle square. Some died on impact. Others were... not as fortunate. From the corpse of a Hylian Soldier rose a fearsome warrior born of the dead: A Stalfos. The sketeal warrior from beyond raised it's giant sword. It was at that point the young girl had realized she'd been found out. The Gerudo King had left without so much of a word, more focused on capturing Princess Zelda.

The girl stood frozen in place, though her eyes darted for anything that could be of use as the Stalfos drew closer. The skeleton exerted a raspy cackle as it coiled it's hand around the girl's throat, lifting her up into the air. Despite her constant struggle, the Stalfos arched it's arm back, and drove it's jagged blade into the center of her chest. A tear had escaped one of her eyes that were iridescent in it's nature. She was abruptly dropped to the ground as she witnessed the destruction of the place that was thought to be safe, even from the clutches of evil.​

That was good. I liked it. I am so bad at commenting on real writing though, but I liked it. I really can't wait for more.

Wallmaster

terrible things
Thank you! ^^

Chapter 2:

NOTE: For the sake of the story, we're going to pretend Farore's Wind can be used outside of dungeons/temples.
NOTE: For future reference, whatever is in semi colons is a thought. So, ;; Hey, ZD! ;; would be a thought.
NOTE: Sorry if this seems of less quality than the other one -- wrote this on New Years Day after coming home from a party!

"Ungh..."

She remained conscious enough to take a glimpse at a boy dressed in rather odd green clothing run past her. Green clothing? It's obvious the kid wasn't from here. Maybe he was looking for his parents or something?

"H-hey, what're you doing?! You're gonna get hurt."

She clutched her stomach where the Stalfos' blade had passed through. She too, had to get out of here before she ended up dead. Or worse. How could this have happened so quickly? There were many questions of hers that were left unanswered.

The child dressed in green turned on his heel to look at her. His blue eyes fixated on her before summoning an amount of energy in his hand. Again, the woman froze. Was he just like the other man on the horse? Maybe he was working for him, it'd make sense as to why he's still running around the now obliterated Castle Town. Not even the strongest of the Hylian Knights were enough to stop them. The energy continued to pulsate in the boy's hand, as he outstretched it towards her. In a feeble attempt, she held her hand up, as if that would block the magic energy. She closed her eyes tight as the green burst of energy surrounded her in a crystal like case. Not much can be recalled during this lapse of time to her memory.

Almost a day later, she was awoken to the sound of potions bubbling and brewing. Her eyes fluttered open, as she immediately surveyed and took in her surroundings.

;; He saved me... ;;

An old, yet welcoming voice resonated near the cloaked girl. "And here I thought you'd never wake up." The witch had crouched over, and scooped up a bottle filled with some gooey, red substance.

"Here, deary, drink this. You'll feel better in no time." said the witch, as she ushered the bottle over to the girl. Doing as instructed, she chugged the bottle back with one gulp. Color had returned to her face, and she slowly began to feel stronger.

"Thank you", the girl had said, still shook by the events earlier.

"Well, you know what they say. No one makes potions like I do. What's your name, by the way?" the witch chuckled, still mixing the potions methodically, as if she had done this over a hundred times.

"Tsuna. My name is Tsuna.", the female had replied.

"Well, Tsuna, these are dark times. You'd do well to avoid roaming too far. These monsters are crawling all over the place now. And you know what they say, there's no medicine that can cure a reckless fool." the witch had said. Tsuna could tell she wasn't too fond of fools.

"I'll keep that in mind. Thank you." Tsuna forced herself off of the bed, and walked for the door. She didn't like to depend on anybody -- she's been like that ever since she was very young. As she walked amongst the cold night in Kakariko Village, things felt different. Things were going to get a lot worse before they got better, it seems.

;; Why did that kid save me? ;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom