• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What "Legend" Would You Like To See Next?

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
As some of you know, different legends are told in the games which help us place games in certain, sometimes almost given, orders for the Timeline based on things that happen. Skyward Sword will be the Origin of one of the First Ganondorfs and the Master Sword. But Aonuma said himself that there could be games that come before it or happen at the same time or anything like that. So, what would you like to be explained through a new Zelda game that really isnt clear so far. I' would personally like to find out more about the origin of the Evil Pig Demon Ganon. I'd like to see how he was born, where he came from, and other details besides just how he got his Trident. I mean, We know pretty much ALL about the First Ganondorf, What about The first one that ever appeared Game wise?

But thats just me, What do you guys think?
(P.S. The title could be "Legend of Zelda: Birth of the Pig Demon")
ganon.gif

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, this doesn't make much sense but I'd love a completely new game which gives us gameplay from a different perspective; you know how it says in the opening scene that the girl has the harp and sword and fights the demons? She isn't Link, she isn't A Link. That would open up entirely new chapters in the Zelda series, as well as giving even more backstory to the excerpts we have from opening cutscenes!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've kept this as no secret before. I'd like to see the Seal War on the next console Zelda. It's a pretty major event in the canon and is, in my opinion, a great step forward in the Zelda timeline. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ranting saying, "Nintendo needs to fix the timeline!", but I do think events like that need to have an accurate depiction (OoT doesn't do that). It'd be a great game to go in-between TP and ALttP and finally bring an official placement for that game and its followers (the games after it). I just think the story would be great and, along with being on the WiiU, an epic game.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I suppose I'd like some backstory on how Hyrule came to be flooded (nothing like that Valley of the Flood bull two years back) and what events led to that. Based on Wind Waker's "underworld" I'd say we could know what Hyrule looked like already.

Big Octo

=^)
I'd like to see a game based solely on the creation/introduction of Majora's Mask, as well as the demon (Who I like to fantasize that also has a human form), that dwells with in the dark artifact.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'd like to see a game based solely on the creation/introduction of Majora's Mask, as well as the demon (Who I like to fantasize that also has a human form), that dwells with in the dark artifact.
Yeah, I definitely agree with that. I want to see a game that takes place at the time when Majora was still an active person, before he got sealed. I don't even know if this has to take place in Termina or Hyrule because the Happy Mask Salesman tells the story and he is rooted in both worlds. But nevertheless I want to see a game that takes place in ancient Termina when Ikana was still a flourishing kingdom!

Next legend... hmm, what about the tale told in the backstory of Minish Cap with the Hero of Men?
Or, what about a tale that takes place between Minish Cap and Four Swords, explaining how Vaati went from mini-Ganon to kidnapping girls because he's literally a roaming eye?

One where you play as gannondorf, after in the adult timeline, and since there was no link you fight the seven sages to get what ganondorf wants and ends up flooding all of hyrule as we know. I think this is a gamble though, it could end up awesome or infamous like AOL or even worse Cd-I *shivers* Also this could provide great insight as to who Ganon, the main-est villain of the series, truly is.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
One where you play as gannondorf, after in the adult timeline, and since there was no link you fight the seven sages to get what ganondorf wants and ends up flooding all of hyrule as we know. I think this is a gamble though, it could end up awesome or infamous like AOL or even worse Cd-I *shivers* Also this could provide great insight as to who Ganon, the main-est villain of the series, truly is.

Well I doubt Nintendo would do that, even though it sounds like great fun. Ganondorf is a murderer and a thief, not the kind of man that young children should be looking up to. And unless it was created for a more mature audience 16+ then Nintendo probably would not make it.

I would like to see both the seal war depicted in a game, and a game that ends with the great flood.

As some of you know, different legends are told in the games which help us place games in certain, sometimes almost given, orders for the Timeline based on things that happen. Skyward Sword will be the Origin of one of the First Ganondorfs and the Master Sword. But Aonuma said himself that there could be games that come before it or happen at the same time or anything like that. So, what would you like to be explained through a new Zelda game that really isnt clear so far. I' would personally like to find out more about the origin of the Evil Pig Demon Ganon. I'd like to see how he was born, where he came from, and other details besides just how he got his Trident. I mean, We know pretty much ALL about the First Ganondorf, What about The first one that ever appeared Game wise?

But thats just me, What do you guys think?
(P.S. The title could be "Legend of Zelda: Birth of the Pig Demon")
ganon.gif

The original Ganondorf is the same Ganon in the first Zelda, OoT is the origin story of how Ganon started to come to be. Ganondorf was on his last breath of life and asked for the power to vanquish Link and Zelda and the Triforce of Power transformed him into Ganon. From this point on he uses Ganon when necessary in order to try and take Link out. Even in A Link to the Past, since he says Agahnim is his alter-ego, meaning that Agahnim and Ganon are the same, making Agahnim Ganondorf, he transforms into the beast. What I'd really like to know is how and where the Trident of Power comes into play, it's creation, reason for being, things along those lines. In the later timeline games we see that Ganon has it. I'd like to know if it's the equivalent of an evil version of the Master Sword. It's a concept that has always fascinated me.

Adam

Undefeated
The original Ganondorf is the same Ganon in the first Zelda, OoT is the origin story of how Ganon started to come to be. Ganondorf was on his last breath of life and asked for the power to vanquish Link and Zelda and the Triforce of Power transformed him into Ganon. From this point on he uses Ganon when necessary in order to try and take Link out. Even in A Link to the Past, since he says Agahnim is his alter-ego, meaning that Agahnim and Ganon are the same, making Agahnim Ganondorf, he transforms into the beast. What I'd really like to know is how and where the Trident of Power comes into play, it's creation, reason for being, things along those lines. In the later timeline games we see that Ganon has it. I'd like to know if it's the equivalent of an evil version of the Master Sword. It's a concept that has always fascinated me.

the problem with that is that several timeline theorists with high reputation will tell you that FSA is before OoT, ganon was there in pig form. we have no way to confirm the first appearance of demon pig ganon.

the problem with that is that several timeline theorists with high reputation will tell you that FSA is before OoT, ganon was there in pig form. we have no way to confirm the first appearance of demon pig ganon.

I'd like to point out one flaw in that sentence. First, the combination of the words problem and theorists. I've seen more theories, mine included, that say Ocarina of Time comes first, Skyward Sword excluded. The thing about theories is that they are just a guess and all based on speculation. I would never put Minish Cap before Ocarina of Time for instance. And I gave my reason for my theory and thoughts up above. The thing is is that there is no right or wrong theory until the official timeline is released. So no matter what anyone of any reputation says, there isn't a wrong or right timeline. The fact of the matter is is that Ganondorf actually has a history and ALttP explains that, which is then further talked about in OoT. In Four Sword Adventures he's just there. My explanation is that the first few times timeline wise we never see Ganondorf/Ganon with a trident. If FSA comes before OoT, then why would he have the Trident of Power, lose it, and just reobtain it?

I'd like to learn more about the Great War of Ikana in Majora's Mask. It just sounds really interesting, and even though the game offers some information about that war, I don't think it's enough. Okay, one problem: Link wouldn't be in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom