• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Languages Do You Know?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I speak:
Dutch - Because I am dutch and this is my first language
English - I learned it at school and it has become very close to my first language. I often do speak/write mroe in english than my own language
German - I learned this also at school and I worked in Hotels for so many years and had to talk to german people. So I speak and understand German very well
French - Also learned at school but I don't speak it that well. Just a tous petit peux

I speak English. Typical United-Statesian English but with better grammar. I used to know a bit of American Sign Language for a while, because I would occasionally hepl out in the Special Ed classrooms at my middle school, but now I can only remember a few hand signs. Oh, and some of my Somalian friends taught me a few phrases in Somali, too. An example? *points to usertitle* I also know a decent amount of Spanish, but that's because I've been taking it as a second language--my school doesn't offer any of the other languages I wanted to learn. I am capable of holding a basic conversation about random stuffs, but my structuring might need some work. I can also say a few words and phrases in Japanese, but those are mostly Legend of Zelda terms. x) And I can only write my name and Ganondorf's name in Katakana. That's it. Like, ya.

And I have been working on ingraining the characters of Skyward Sword's Hylian into my head, so I'm getting more fluent in writing with that, too. =P Translating in-game and making my sister be all like, "Over-obsessed freak!"

Oh. I know a bit of HTML. Like, the basics, anyways. Enough to make a website look somewhat decent. And I can read music. That deserves to be considered a language. ♫

EDIT:
I have to make this lengthy, right?
Iway peaksay igpay atinlay, ootay.

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Hmm. Naturally, I know English. This is obvious, given the fact that I'm speaking it right now. However, I also took Spanish from Pre-K to Fifth grade, then from Seventh to Eighth. That being said, I only have about the knowledge of Spanish II. I decided not to take Spanish 3 this year, and have decided to learn Italian. Given its similarity to Spanish, I have some knowledge already. Assassin's Creed has strangely enough helped me with Italian as well. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood taught me a little bit of French, alongside the French class I was in while taking Spanish I online. By reading Assassin's Creed Revelations' book, I've also learned a little bit of Arabic, but my pronunciations are rusty, and I can't write using their form of writing.

That being said, I'd say I am fluent in one language (English), comfortable in two (Spanish and Italian), and weak in another two (Arabic and French).

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Spanish (mother language), English, German, French, Japanese (just a little)

Teron

van der Nguyen
English, Vietnamese, Russian
Because I'm Vietnamese, grew up in Russia, and simply love the English language

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom