• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Language Do You Play Your Zelda Games In?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is a thread I have never seen before; I assume it's because ZD is primarily an English speaking site but whatever. I was wondering, what language do you play your Zelda games in? I mostly play American English (NTSC/U) Zelda, but I've played in the following languages:

Japanese:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
The Minish Cap
Spirit Tracks
A Link to the Past + Four Swords

British English:
The Minish Cap
Four Swords

Honestly, if I could play in any language it would be Japanese despite the language barrier; text speeds load infinitely faster compared to its English counterparts, not to mention the text just looks cooler in my opinion. I've actually had better times playing OoTV1.0JP than OoTV1.0U since the load times were just better. What about you?

Djinn

and Tonic
I have played a few bits of Japanese language games in the past but that was just some of the Tingle games, and once a very buggy Tetra's Trackers. And a translated BS Zelda so I do not believe that counts as much. So far always English but I do wish I could have everyone in a game use Midnaspeak. Just imagine Link falling off a cliff and instead of his usual "Aaaaaahhhhhhhh...." We get "Aughbliblilibillillliblblibllblilbilibllblilbllll...."

That would make every second of every game instantly memorable. Just imagine Link looking into Zelda's eyes and telling her that magical "Dublubbulliblllibdddubblidblbbbdubd" Fans everywhere would be crying.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Always in English. Now, because when I live in the US, but when I was living in Europe, I picked up games when I traveled to the US because I have American systems (and only American games work on them).

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, for the first time, I have to have English so I know what I'm doing (at least somewhat)
But after I played them already, I like to have them in Japanese. That's why I bought WW and TP in Japan while I was there.
I also bought the OoT and OoT Master Quest combo in Japanese, since I don't have the MQ at all. Plus, MQ is harder when you don't quite understand the language. xD

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
English, and English only. English is the only language I can fully comprehend and understand. If I were to play a Zelda game in any other language I would choose French.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Pretty much in English because if I change it to Spanish, I will not understand what it's saying. I'll probably read it wrong and have to re-read it again.-.-

My first language is Spanish, but I play games in English; I think they sound silly in Spanish. And I also get to practice my English.

Hylian >_>...

Naw I have only played it in English. Even though I own many Japanese games for practice, and can read basic to almost mid level Japanese. 僕日本語少し分かるでも上手じゃない。そして 僕の恋人日本人だよ。。。なっとうまあいいでしょう。やばい。

In english, because i like speaking in english and playing games in english help me learning words i don't know. Otherwise i play in french bien sûr!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
English (and even if a Norwegian version existed I think I'd still prefer English), but one of my flatmates grew up in France so he's grown up playing Zelda in French.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
English. Since my language isn't available in the games, I have to stick with it. And it doesn't really bother, since I think that it would sound rather stupid if the game were to be in my mother tong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom