• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kinds of Dungeons Do You NOT Want in SS?

What Kinds of Dungeons do you Now want is SS?

• Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water

• Grass

• Aerial

• Desert

• Total voters

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I don't mind the themes of the dungeons as long as they are fun to playthrough. Granted, TP had too much repetition of themes Forest, Fire, Water, but all those temples (minus probably the water temple) was fun to playthrough.

I chose Aerial Dungeons, not because of a hatred for them, but more because i feel that if they add one, that would mean there could only be one skyloft dungeon, and i'd prefer more than just one. sky-and-something-else hybrid dungeons would be nice though.

Maxxxers

Fanboy
Like others have said, I am sick of the first three dungeons being Forest, then Fire, then Water. SS makes me happy cause the first is Wind/Air/Sky. :D

I voted Water as my least favorite. This is probably because of how generic they all are. You always get clothes that magically let you become Aquaman then you raise the levels of water. This doesn't mean that I don't like the Water Temples and Dungeons, for example I thought the Water Temple in OoT (the 3DS version, I have never played the N64 version) was a very good Temple and was fun to play.

Also I feel that there are more Water Dungeons than others. Seeing an Air and a Desert ones always surprise me. By the way Desert Dungeons are my favorite.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I want dungeons like the "Great Bay Temple" from Majora´s Mask or "City in the Sky" from Twilight Princess, that is: I want something challenging (and unique). :)

What I do not want would be a dungeon that resembles the "Forbidden Woods" in Wind Waker, I truly despise that one!

(Like some other people I was also a bit confused by the "poll", I voted for Water but that is actually what I really want, I did read Now and not Not).

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
As said by someone on the previous page, I would like this game to have unique temples. The typical forest, water, fire temples get a little repetative. Also it would be cool if the temples/dungeons blend into the game a little bit more. Instead of the usual "go into this ancient temple and get the treature. Now go into this temple. Now go into this one.", it could be like a cave or something you have to go through to progress in the storyline. It's sort of hard to explain. But I'm thinking along the lines of Dragon Roost Island and the ice cavern from OoT.

G

Guru Guru3

I want to see another shadow temple like the one in Oot, man i loved that one and the music made it even better.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I had to say Grass. I'd rather change Grass to Wind or something like the Shadow Temple. Or change the Grass to be a labyrinth or something. That'd be cool.

Kirino

Tatakae
I never liked the forest dungeons. They were easy, boring, and always the same. I'm fine with Water, Fire, and Forest dungeons as long as they aren't the same, and aren't put in the same order. I also really like unique dungeons, such as ice, desert, sky, and shadow dungeons. Here would be a good dungeon order for me: Sky, Fire, Ice, Dessert, Forest, Electric. An Electric dungeon sounds like a good idea too.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Personaly, I love temples that aren't one of the "main" elements: forest, fire, water, wind, and earth. I've seen a lot of temples with these as an element which isn't creative at all. Even in other games they do the same thing. Thats why I love temples that show players that the creators of the game thought about what others have done too much of. Here are the temples i'd like to see in SS: ice, thunder, desert, dragon, and maybe even metal. I haven't seen too many games with these elements and I think that they just add character to the game. Actually, I think pokemon is the only series were they took all the elements and put them in one game, but pokemon sucks compared to Zelda!

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I can't stand plant dungeons. I don't know what it is about them. I find water temples pretty bad too but for some reason I don't like plant dungeons. My least favorite dungeon from Oot was either the Deku Tree or the Forest Temple. My least favorite dungeon from TP is the Forest Temple. I just don't like them.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
I am going to jump on the bandwagon and say most definitely Water Temples. In every single game they have not been fun.

Every time I play through Majora's Mask, I usually quit for like a month just because I don't want to do the Great Bay temple. Even though Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda title, that temple is, in my opinion, the worst in the entire series as a whole. It's a lot more confusing than it needs to be, and the boss is pretty difficult in all honesty. There's a LOT of backtracking, and moving through rooms at slow paces. Sometimes the current of the water will send you into a room you didn't want to go to, and you have to waste a few minutes finding your way back to the main room, which really is a hassle.

As for the OoT water temple, I'm going to say that it isn't THAT bad. The only part that took me a while on my initial playthrough was finding that last key you need. It seemed that I already explored every single room in the dungeon, and yet, I needed another key. It was very time consuming! Also, the biggest problem, and probably one of the biggest flukes in the whole series, is the tediousness of putting on, and taking off the iron boots. You had to do it VERY often, and it takes a lot longer than it needs to. I don't see why the boots couldn't have just been an item like any other, but oh well, I suppose that problem was fixed in the more recent Ocarina of Time: 3D.

Everything was a water temple in wind waker

In Twilight Princess, there's not much to say. The temple was barren of enemies, but it was REALLY big, so it was just a long boring walk.

EDIT: OH GOSH I MESSED UP! I thought it said "Not want" instead of "Now want". Oops >.> Uhh..... I guess I want to have a fire temple. Those are always fun.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I wish you had put a 'Other' button on this poll, because I hate ice-themed temples. Granted, the one in Twilight Princess was pretty awesome, but I hate getting constantly frozen, sliding around and worst of all, sliding ice block puzzles. Super time consuming and frustrating.

But since that isn't an option, I'm going to have to say Water. They are all very annoying, not to say the don't have some cool stuff in them, but out of all the ones you gave me, water probably are the ones I didn't enjoy as much. I hate back tracking and lowering/raising water levels. It's a pain really.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
There should definitely be a water temple in SS just to drive everyone insane :D and it would be weird to see one in a game where the new theme is the sky.... I'm also looking forward to a desert temple. I really don't want a forest temple though. they're starting to get boring in the Zelda series. :l

I thought it said "Not want" instead of "Now want".

I think just about all of us did. We've all just been talking about the temples we don't want anyway.

I voted for water because I hate swimming in adventure games. It's sluggish and hard to control sometimes. It also has a set of gimmicks that seem to appear all over the place like changing the water level. This isn't just limited to Zelda, though to my knowledge it's occurred in ALTTP, OOT, sort of in MM, Oracle of Ages, Windwaker, and sort of Twilight Princess. Raising and lowering the water level was all over the place in adventure games for the N64, it seemed, and it annoyed me every time I saw it (Zelda, Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie). It's incredibly tedious because often the player has to go to a specific place or places to control the water level, making every change in the water level another journey. This only gets worse if the player makes a mistake and has to reset the water level as I find myself doing often in the Ocarina of Time Water temple.

I agree that some new themes should either replace or be added to Skyward Sword. One that I've seen mentioned a couple times on this thread is an Electric temple. Hybrid temples also sound like a great new twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom