• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Zelda Player Are You

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
I'd call myself a reckless player. i don't bother with shields unless i'm gonna need it, like if i'm way over my head. i'll give you this example.

Ok, in MM i was fighting an iron knuckle. i had full health, but soon (first 20 seconds?) was down to one heart. i just ran up to him, slashed, and retreated. eventually i had a retreat/reckless-charge system going, but then his armor fell off, and he ran at me! i ran, but he was a lot faster and you cant run fast when locked on, so i just frantically shot fire arrows at him until he died. it only took 4, but he was so close! and i used up all magic and a lot of arrows in that battle, not knowing or caring what was in the next room.

this is who i am.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Some of my favorite parts of the Zelda games are the stealth quests, especially: working your way through the Gerudo fortress in OoT, or Gerudo Dessert and Hidden Village in TP. I used to be a stickler for finding every single heart piece and item, but now especially when playing through a Zelda game after the first time, I find it way to easy to get everything before finishing the game. I usually wait to collect everything after I beat the game the first time and before I play another game. I like the challenge that comes from not having a whole bunch of hearts. I don't speed through the games. I like to enjoy the atmosphere, talk to as many people as I can, and play as many of the mini-games as I can so I can feel engaged in the world. I have never been one to use a shield much until TP. I liked using the shield there because of the shield attack and the other techniques you learn. In TP, I love how after beaten several enemies, occasionally when you put your sword back in its sheath, Link will do his signature twirl-the-sword bit.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My play style totally depends on the situation. In general though I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Whenever possible I must have a full inventory, meaning full hearts, all bottles filled with fairies or something, magic meter full (for the games that use it), quiver/bomb-bag/wallet/etc full, and all upgrades obtained at the earliest possible point. Needless to say, I smash about every jar I see and open every treasure chest I find. And with collectibles, I always just have to find them, so after playing through the game myself I tend to use walkthroughs to find all the heart pieces or whatnot that I missed. I also love sidequests, I have to do the sidequests, every last one of them, regardless of reward.

In dungeons, I'm one of those people that tends to save in every room, after every major puzzle is solved, whenever I open up a shortcut to the entrance, and before every major fight. That was part of the reason I had a lot of issues with MM; I kept getting paranoid at my inability to save... I also like to take my time. I enjoy looking around, getting a good view of the room and always taking note of everything I can see from the room entrance before taking so much as a step. Part of this is because I love looking at the scenery and atmosphere of the dungeons; part of this is because I wanna analyze any enemy movements; part of this is to take note of any traps. However, in timed situations, I'm comfortable with skipping all that sightseeing and getting straight into the action.

Against enemies, I'm rather reckless. I normally just charge at them, since most don't pose that big a threat; that, and I take an honest fascination and enjoyment out of watching them die by my blade. However, I really only enjoy the enemies that can put up some sort of a fight back one-to-one, so those sneaky little airborne critters like Keese or Kargoroks I just ignore or shoot down if they try to bug me. I honestly love one-on-one swordfights though, and that's when I get really reckless in my fighting.

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
I just go everywhere. I never dodge any attacks any enemy directs at me. I like go, ZOOM and charge headfirst into a horde of enemies and kill them all (or die trying). I'm not good at puzzles or planning things, I normally get extremely lost in very simple dungeons and end up back at the beginning of them. There was a time when I actually got lost in two rooms. I kept going back and forth, and back and forth, and then I was like "...OH! I need to go UP! Not right!" For the longest time in Seasons and Ages I thought the Subrosians were evil and I kept swinging my sword at them and I told my brother "THEY WON'T DIE!" He looked at me and said "That's. Because. They're not ENEMIES." "Oh... -.-" He said I was stupid.

It takes me a very long time to beat any Zelda game. I can beat bosses easy if...well...they're easy bosses...

Most of the time I can never decide on whether to use Link's name, my name, ir something completely different, so if the game has three save files I usually use all three.
One named 'Link', one named 'Amanda' which doesn't make sense cause Link's a boy, or one named Koby, Kasey, or KK. I like the letter K.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I do everything on my own. Walkthroughs are a big no-no for me unless I am COMPLETELY and DESPERATELY stuck. It might take days until I resort to a walkthrough in Zelda.

I love messing around with everything. I find enjoyment in just running around in circles in Hyrule Field. I find enjoyment out of everything in Zelda lol. XD I love to toy with my enemies and so far I have not found a single enemy that is hard to defeat. I have never died during a boss battle except once when I was very young and faced Barinade in Ocarina of Time. Many bosses are extremely easy in my opinion, although some are very annoying to deal with. >_< But like I said, I love playing with my enemies. While I could easily finish them off with a sword strike or two, I'm more likely to run around in circles around them while they try in vain to hurt me. Or I might don the Iron Boots and roll them to death (TP). Or I might run away and kill them with the super-hard-to-aim Bombchus. :3

Speaking of running away, I usually don't ever run away from enemies since I never have a problem with them. Unless I'm just passing by (like trying to get somewhere without warping), I will always fight the enemy 'cause, well, it's fun. XD

I always name Link "Link" unless I'm trying to have funny conversations with people. XD "Oh, I'm poop! I washed your mom for you!"

Dungeons aren't a problem for me either. I like taking my time on them and looking at every little detail. Like I said earlier, I'm a person who finds amusement in everything... I tend to notice a lot of things that others don't usually notice. XD

As for items, I like being stocked in everything. 99 arrows won't do it for me. I'd rather ride out to the other side of Hyrule to get an arrow from Malo Mart than to enter a random dungeon with a single arrow missing. Strangely I always keep my Rupee count to half, though, since that fills up way too quickly. I usually spend it on random junk I don't need so that I can get more Rupees from the chests in there. At least in Twilight Princess they'd allow you to return for the Rupees later, but in earlier titles like Majora's Mask or Wind Waker, it just vanishes if there's no room in your wallet. -_- As for potions and fairies and all that; I also like to keep a handy supply. Specifically in TP, I always keep an empty bottle handy because I just love playing with Bottles. The other three I never use because I rarely get hurt. But if you're interested, I've been keeping a bottle of Rare Chu Jelly, Great Fairy's Tears, and Blue Potion in there. Sometimes I empty them out for fun. XD

For the other games, I always take the strongest potion they have. I never use fairies since they only heal a few hearts. -_-;

On my first run through any Zelda game, I try to collect as much as possible. If I end up loving the game to death after I beat it, then I'll continue until I get 100%. If not, I'll settle for a bit less, but I love collecting stuff. :3

I think that explains a bit of how I play. :D

bds1110

Imp
I'm commonly better at fighting than puzzles, but I'm not THAT bad at them. I always name myself Link.

One strange thing that I do is that even if I have the max rupees possible, I still always grab a rupee if I find one in a jar. Same for heart pieces.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I'm the "jinglist".

Whenever I play Zelda I have to be listening to music and then i use the music to imagine AMVs I could make out of the cutscenes. Only ever stop the music in dungeons.

C

Chuck

I enjoy fighting enemies. I LOVE difficult enemies like darknuts and iron knuckles, and I love endurance dungeons. I am not as good at puzzles and even though i try it with most games, minish cap is the only game i have beaten without a guide.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I am completionist who just lovs to spend extra time on sidequests. I only defeat enemiesif they will likely get in my way. Other than that, I try to roll past them.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I'm more like 'Trying to turn Zelda into an RPG but kinda fails' type of player xD If I can't get through a dungeon due to dying, then I go on sidequests, get faries, do get upgrades, and MOAR BOTTLESSSS!!11!!! xD

and Walkthroughs are my best friends.

And I kill EVERYTHING in sight! ALL SHALL PERISH IN THE LIGHT OF THE ALMIGHTLY LINK! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I dunno. I guess you could say I'm a strategizing, challenge seeking, uber gaming, 100% completionist. I tend to wipe out every game (except the first two, because they take place in Soviet Russia because they're NES games) I play, seek super challenges (I went through OoT with only three Hearts, no shield usage except for puzzles only 100% required item taking, and beat it within the course of a week), strategize a little bit, and 100% games.

So yeah, I'm a strategizing, challenge seeking, uber gaming, 100% completionist.

...I'm totally gonna start charging royalties for that.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I like reading, so I always read what people say, and unless I'm tired of it, I don't skip cut scenes. I also like to stay in some areas and listen to the music for a minute or two, unless I have the music on my Mp3. When going through dungeons, I defeat every enemy in the room, and crash every pot to make sure there's not a fairy in it. And before boss fights I make sure that I have fairies/potions in all my bottles before confronting them. It usually takes me only one try to kill bosses, but when I fought Ganon in OoT, It was taking so long to kill, and my time was up (in our household, everyone is allowed 1 hour in between meals) so I just quit.

I am not fond of how heart pieces work, and I find it a pain in the neck to go around collecting them all. I liked the DS games because they gave you full heart containers and not pieces after you did something. I only kill enemies in the field if I'm in need of supplies or the enemies are hindering or annoying.

EDIT: And I only turn to walkthroughs if I'm honestly stuck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom