• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help What Kind of Specs Make a Good Microphone?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
so lately I was thinking, "damn I need to start a LP." But then ir ealized I don't actually have a decent mike. But uh...can someone please explain to me what the specs I should be looking for regarding a mike? I don't want to blindly buy another mike only to realize that it sucks! D:
thanks again ^^

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, you'll want good frequency response range first and foremost and 20Hz - 20,000Hz is pretty much perfect, you'll be able to find some cheap stuff with 50Hz - 16,000Hz which is more than enough for Youtube stuff, and extra features like background noise cancellation is always nice if you don't expect to be in silence. A good sensitivity too. The best way is to just read reviews though to get an idea, and professional reviews at that, not just Amazon ones or something. If you want a very good microphone, bang for buck, can't beat this ol' monster:

Amazon.com: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Silver Edition: Musical Instruments

Remember you'll need headphones if just using a microphone too, otherwise it'll pick-up your PC's sound. If you're looking for a full-on headset, anything in the Logitech G*** series is usually a safe bet, though just check out reviews and find something in the price range. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom