• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Plot Would You Like to See in a Future Zelda Game? What Kind of Ending?

• Thread starter DadadaDAAAAAAA!
  • Start date
D

DadadaDAAAAAAA!

Have it something like this:
Plot: Zelda surrenders her throne, and later forms a rebellion. Link later joins this rebellion, and is assisted by Zelda from time to time to complete his quest.

Ending: In a firey fight to the death with Ganondorf, Link defeats Ganondorf:), but suffers a serious wound and dies from it:(. The Master Sword then acts as Link's tombstone.

I want one that seems simple at first, but is a lot more complex as you look into it. I want an ending that almost brings me to tears. Beyond that, I don't really have any specific ideas.

D

DadadaDAAAAAAA!

What Kind of Plot Do You Want in a Future Zelda Game? What Kind of Ending?

Example:

Plot: Zelda surrenders the throne and shortly after, forms a rebellion. Link later joins this rebellion since he despises the new king. Zelda then assists Link in his quest to save Hyrule.

Ending: Link still manages to defeat Ganondorf:), but in the process, loses his life:(. The Master Sword then acts as Link's tombstone.

I want to see a dramatic ending which make you feel you never complete the game until the sequel comes out. An ending where it has maaany opportunities to make a sequel with a good plot.

i really like that idea!

i like the zelda plots for the most part, the only thing that bugs me is when they never shut up about link being the goddess' chosen hero. i think link should be doing stuff because he wants to. sometimes it seems like his only motivation for anything is because he's "chosen" for it

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I like the concept of link losing for once. Okay here goes the Zelda story that I had in my head for a while now:

It starts out with Link and Gannondorf fighting. Link wounds Gannondorf and Links fairy summons the 10 element medallions and shines the beam on Gannondorf, pinning him to the ground. Link tries to preform a fatal blow, but Gannondorf rolls out of the way. Link has his sword stuck in the ground, so Gannondorf take the opportunity to stab Link right through the back.
Meanwhile, on a high passageway above the battle, shadow link watches the original Link get stabbed. The next day shadow link is following behind Gannondorf and his army of Moblins when he realizes that his hand is fading. He concludes that this would be because the original Link was killed and you cant have a shadow without an original object (For shadow link, it was Link because he was Link's shadow).
The whole plot after that is shadow link trying to find all the medallions of the elements from their respective temples. He is also fighting a battle with himself, should he be good, or evil? He finally turns on Gannondorf and defeats him with the recharged medallions. Shortly after the battle he fades away, remembering all the people he saved and helped throughout his adventure.

What do you think?

I'd also like to see an ending with what goes into depth about what happens to Link after his adventure.. :p not too long, but I feel always let down in the sense I don't know what Links doing or where hes going to go..

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want a timeline where Zelda is killed (a la Aerith from FF7) right in front of Link's eyes by the villain. Impaled, even. Later, Link should be his feral self and go crazy, only for him to die as well with the villain finally ruling over Hyrule.

No more of this hero story. No more success for Link, the princess, or really any good guy. That's the story of every Zelda game and I'm sick of it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
A much older Link (20+) then we usually see faces his most personal and challenging quest yet. Haunted by the monsters and ghosts of Hyrule, Link must meet with the previous heroes from dungeon to dungeon in order to learn the skills necessary to defeat Ganon once and for all. During his adventure, he's struck with the tragedy of watching a loved one suffer and die at the hands of Ganon in his own village. His adventure will eventually leave him an emotional wreck. Once he's done collecting the legendary tools (Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, etc.) and has learned to use them by the help of the spirits of the previous heroes, a battle hardened and wounded Link is now tasked with the challenge of ridding Hyrule of a long time foe.

The final battle will eventually end with Link, the Hero of Heroes, sacrificing himself in order to kill Ganon once and for all.

Last edited:
What if they had a game where you faced all the various final bosses from games...and TOOK OUT GANON FIRST, leaving the final boss to be something else? :D

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
for plot, some people will expect this from me, Ganondorf gets Majora's Mask. ending, recovering from the devastation.

To put it very simply, I want it to take place in a massive, more populated medeival Hyrule (not so empty like in TP) with Dark Link as the antagonist, with Zelda helping Link throughout some of the game before she is discovered and captured... Nintendo can come up with the rest :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom