• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Graphics Do YOU Want?

What kind of graphics would you like the most in Zelda Wii?

• Photo Realism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cel Shading

• Realistic Cel Shading

• I don't care

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Another "what do you want" thread for Zelda Wii! Gasp! Anyways, what kind of graphics would you want the most in TP, no matter how unlikely that particular style may be? There are three styles I recognize.

Photorealism being the first. This is what Nintendo chucked at us in TP, an example of which being this. This is what we're most likely to recieve in Zelda Wii, seeing as it has probably been in development for years now and the concept art we got last year was in that same style.

The other is full on cel shading. This is what we got for a good majority of the series. It's what Nintendo chucked at us in the DS games, WW, and the Four Sword Saga. It is most likely if at all to be presented in the same way Wind Waker did it, and example of which being this.

And the final style of graphics I recognize is something in between. Realistic cel shading. I know how many of you people are about to go post saying "How in the heck do you get the idea of cartoons being real?!" and whatnot but hear me out. Nintendo has yet to use this particular style, but it has been used before. Let's take a look. Nintendo chucked this realistic cel shading at us in Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Here is an example from Sunshine, the pioneer of realistically cel shaded Mario games. Pretty realistic looking, isn't it? An example from Galaxy. Much better and more realistic, isn't it? But these aren't the only examples of realistic cel shading. It has also been used in Dragon Ball Z Budokai. Now that, is realistic cel shading at it's finest, people.

Personally, I like all three of them but I think realistic cel shading would be so much cooler than all three, although I'd like to see another cel shaded console game again one day.

What do you think?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think I like the realistic cel shading option the best.

It just has a more "polished" look than either cel shading or photorealism. It seems like the perfect style for modern video games, and I wish that Nintendo would bring it to the Zelda series. It impressed me in Sunshine and Galaxy, I just didn't know what it was called.

Austin

Austin
I liked TP's graphical style. I don't know, the story seems to come alive for me more if I can picture them within our own world. That's not to say that I can imagine that goings-on of the Zelda Universe taking place within reality, obviously, but that it's one point of relation, if that makes any sense.

C

Carben

Zeruda - The graphics do look pretty amazing but then again at some points of the video it did look like a cartoon.

I want graphics similar to Twilight Princess'. What I don't want is Cell-Shaded graphics. After seeing Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks they did get annoying after a while. I would appreciate the more realistic graphics over the cartoonist ones. I mean it's not that I don't like them, just that I think they should have been only in Wind Waker.

linkman8

True and Noble
I would agree with Zeruda to a degree. Those graphics do look pretty nice.
Typically, although I have enjoyed cel-shading in the past, whether it was WW or it was other games like the Tales games, I still prefer a bit of realism with it. Now don't get wound up by saying it doesn't have to be perfect or anything. Not by any means will I expect it to be like Halo, but I think TP is great first step.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Again, I think in this area Nintendo needs to balance things out, Zelda has never gone for fully realistic graphics, now we are getting to a point where those realistic graphics are totally possible and a lot of people would like to see this happen, but everything in moderation right? you can't make the switch immediately you need progression, that's how you make money in the technology industry, a slow progression of improvement. Not huge leaps.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I would be kidding myself to hope that that the upcoming Zelda Wii was in the same graphics as Final Fantasy XIII, unfortunately the Wii can't quite keep that kind graphics resolution up.

I guess I'm more of a Photo-realism person, or rather closer to photo-realism than cel-shaded.

M

madslayer333

To tell the truth.. I want photo realism exept not on the wii. I think Nintendo should make An Hd system and make Zelda wii (or whatever system it will be on) an exclusive and bundle it with the system. Now it is the HD age and yrw composite cords are out of date and so are the better cords they sell. So thats my idea whats yours?

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
I want whatever Majora Mask was. But then again I also would like cel-shaded again. I dont want it to be like TP that is to "mature" so to say. I would like it to be "fun looking".

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I've never liked the idea of photo-realism in games, to be honest. I mean, video games are an art form in themselves, and what I love about art is that it can be so much more expressive than reality. That Fire Emblem thing Zeruda showed, I love that look. Soft, colorful, really just gorgeous. I've never had a problem with cel-shading, and I honestly like it more than realism in games since it is so clean and distinct. I just love to look at stylized art, like Okami. I'm not saying Okami's style would work for Zelda, but I just really want something other than (relatively) boring photo-realism.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
Yes I want this Zelda game to be "beautiful" with the graphics. Cel-shading would look nice. But I really like MM graphics. Photo realism in my opinion is boring.

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
I vote for Cel Shaded. I only saw ONE zelda game that was Cel Shaded (Maybe WW, I'm not sure).

Plus TP was too realistic and most of the characters look went bad in my opinion (Link looked like a girl, sincerely) and I don't want it to happen again, so yay for Cel Shaded.

Last edited:

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
I really liked the graphical style in TP, however, I would love to see the colours brighten up a little bit. I (not you) really thought that TP was a little too dark. I would love to see models like TP's, and colours from something like MM. That would really be awesome! (overall I vote for TP Graphics)

Last edited:

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I said that I didn't care, I really dont, now I just welcome everything, however, I wuld like it if they had realistic graphic, acccording to an unknown source, Nintendo wants PS3-like graphiccs on ZW, I say thats cool as long as the fantasy feeling is still there. I say the TP graphics looked okay though I would not like them to just throw theam at us, they seemed to dusty and just plain dark at some poins, if the game is cell-sheded, then i say it would be good if it was like in No More Heroes or Red Steel 2 where the graphics are cell-shaded but they are still real people, I DO NOT want an anime looking game though, and Please PLEASE!!!! NO MORE TOON LINK!!! D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom