• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Character Do You Prefer To Play As?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is already a similar and recent thread. I scrolled down the page and did not find one.

Hello, fellow forum-browsers. I'm curious to hear what kind of character you prefer to play as in video games. That is to say, do you prefer to play as a human character? An animal character? Etc. Tell us your preference.

I personally prefer to play as a human character. I subconsciously express this while playing Majora's Mask. I always play as normal Link whenever possible, as opposed to Deku, Goron, or Zora Link. I'm not sure why, but I don't really like playing as a non-human character. It just doesn't really sit well with me for some reason. It's why I've never enjoyed playing as Wolf Link in Twilight Princess, and also why I probably couldn't play a game from the Star Fox or Donkey Kong series', for example. Even in Super Smash Bros, I constantly play as a human character, usually one with a sword. (i.e. Link, Ike, Marth) I guess it's just more my style than anything else.

So, what about the rest of you? Do you prefer playing as a human character or an animal character, or does it just not matter to you as long as you enjoy the game?

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
All kinds. If a character is fun then I play them. That includes humans, elves, hylians, dekus, gorons, zoras, wolves, gorillas, foxes, birds, etc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Racial wise, I go with humans (or the closest thing to humans) all the time. Like Azure, it's just something I kinda do, not that I hate other races (Goron Link = <3), it's just I sort of...I don't know. Humans are the race I go with. Speaking of humans, in the game Guild Wars 2 you can select five different races at Character Select. I never pick other races, because their culture (and their starting areas) are so alien to me, and thus slightly boring when I do experience them. I relate more to humans, since well, I AM a human.

Stats wise, I prefer well-rounded characters. That's why I pick Mario in Mario Kart, because he's the easiest to use because of his wellrounded nature. Power characters are nice, too, but mostly well rounded.

As much as I love using human characters, I love the extraordinary feeling that comes from the fast paced action in the Sonic the Hedgehogseries.

A one that doesn't annoy me to hell with smart-arse quips and a cocky attitude like Dante in Devil May Cry, sometimes i just play the game and listen to music so i dont have to put up with him. Silent characters mostly are the best for me such as Link and Samus.

I also prefer playing as human characters, most of them are human but in rare games like Okami i just don't feel the freedom playing as an animal, even if that animal can create lakes between stars to cross the sky to places otherwise unavailable.....

Dan

I prefer playing as humans or humanoid animals. (I'm not sure if that counts as animal) Most of the time.
It just feels that tad bit more immersive for me, and some of my favourite game protagonists are human.

I feel that often it's a lot easier conveying a certain attitude to a human, than it is an animal without it looking cheesy.
Although animals can be generally fun to set a theme or style, and I definitely preferred animals when I was younger.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Human's cool, but I also like other stuff, like ninjas. Ninjas are cool.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Species do not necessarily appeal/repulse me, the abilities of the specific character will appeal to me. I tend to prefer the quick and agile characters as long as they're not too weak or under-powered in some other way. That's why I like Zora and Deku Link in Majora's Mask, plus the Goht fight as Goron Link. Although I still prefer Hylian Link because of the Bunny Hood, Bombchu hovering, and spin attack. The Deku lacks too much in abilities and arsenal for his speed to be an asset, but the Zora still has the advantage of being tall and the electric barrier (which makes no sense for a fish's power). The Goht battle is a fast-pased chase, which appeals to me. Most of the time I don't fight as Goron Link because his slow walking speed and lack of useful strafing does not make up for his power.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I don't really care about what race the character is, I mean I like playing as humans, gorons, laguz, starfox, anything really.
But I think I prefer to play as the more unlikely heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom