• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Kind of Bender Would You Be?

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Airbender. After reading through everything I associate most with airbending. I also love Autumn. It is my favorite time of the year.

I didn't really watch Avatar, but I am loving Korra.

S

Sadlyzombiebait

I'd most likely be an airbender. Mostly because it requires patience and lots of meditation, and also finding a path or strategy that has the least resistance. I fit the mold for the dietary requirements by being a vegetarian, too (I really liked this show, can you tell?). I'd love to be a firebender, however I'm not really aggressive or anything really like fire or any of the firebenders we saw in the original series.

It looks like I would be an airbender I'm always calm and quiet and I don't like fighting and I'm not aggressive, but when I think about it more it looks like I could have the traits of other benders too.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Bender Rodriguez...........bite my shiny metal............has anyone done this joke?

Anyway I think I would be an airbender My personality doesn't really fit any other styles of bending I like to avoid conflict as much as humanly possible

I think I would fit the element of Water because I can be calm one moment or really angry another. Which kinda how water is because Its calm until you do something to it. For example, Katara is relatively calm until someone pisses her off. Also with water bending you can basically control everyone which is super cool.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I already posted in this thread but I'm posting again because I have some stuff to change/edit/discuss further.

I would definitely either be an Airbender or Firebender, not really Earthbending or Waterbending. As Axle mentioned, Earthbending is stubborn, and I can be rather stubborn, but I think moreso I'm able to go with the flow unless something I'm particularly passionate about is involved (like Aang was in the series). I'd definitely not be a Waterbender, as I find Waterbending to be very weak and uncomfortable as far as fighting goes. I would say Fire is the most powerful and fiercest element, which is why I could also see myself as a Firebender. I'm aggressive and sometimes shortsighted.

However, I would say Air more closely identifies with me for a number of reasons. Firstly, more Airbenders are born in Autumn than in any other season, and I was born in October. Secondly, I'm more similar to the Airbenders' style of fighting than the Firebenders'. Although irl I'm more of a strength or power kind of person because of my body type, my ideal skills (if I ever got the inspiration to work out) would be speed, agility, and mild strength, but not brute force alone. My style of fighting would be more of a flashy/showy kind, and Airbending features a lot of cool moves that are effective against enemies.

As far as the philosophy goes, I would definitely say I'm an Airbender. I would love to train myself to be mentally connected with nature and to be more steady (which actually also pertains to Earth). I think Airbenders are the most spiritual and most detached out of all the elements, and I would certainly identify with that.

After thinking it over, reading up on the Avatar-verse quite a bit, and watching a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, I've come to the conclusion that I have to be a Firebender. There's just no way I'm not. However, I think I would be a Firebender that incorporated a lot of the Airbenders' fighting style. Iroh, after all, developed a way to redirect lightning based off the Waterbenders' style. I actually imagine that you could preform a lot of Airbender moves (Ba Gua Kung Fu style) but with fire instead. So imagine all those circular air blasts as fire.

However, I'm sort of conflicted on this. I remember taking that Magic: What Color Are You? quiz a while back and getting Red:

You value freedom, impulse, emotion and fire. You love instant gratification and acting on your gut feeling. At your best, you are passionate and decisive. At your worst, you are shortsighted and destructive. Your symbol is a fireball. Your enemies are white and blue.

I took it just recently and got White:

You value law, order, community and light. You love to protect the social order and the rule of law. At your best, you are just and protective. At your worst, you are authoritarian and dogmatic. Your symbol is a sunburst. Your enemies are black and red.

It's not like I can even combine the two because apparently Red and White are enemies. I would think that Firebending would be associated with the Red personality type and Airbending with the White personality type. I honestly don't know how I can value freedom and impulse and law and order at the same time. I think I would basically Firebend with Airbender principles. I also think I'd be a Lightningbender since I value law and peace, and to be able to bend lightning requires inner peace and harmony.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Earth I'm stuberen and don't move on subjects.
However water maybe because I also take life as it come.

Linksister82

Setterwind
Firebending, I believe, would be my forte. Although I don't like fire and very much fear it, I think it fits me because I have lots of energy and I have a great sense of balance. Balance as in standing on one foot and also in balancing my day between video games and other stuff. I like to think I have a kind of fire inside me that is fueled by my passion to learn and a need for social interaction. It took me a while to come to this conclusion and I used the process of elimination.

I'm not an airbender because I'm not particularly evasive or quick. I'm also afraid of heights so being up in the air would not benefit me at all either.

Adaptability and Fluidity are not in my list of characteristics. I am a night person like a waterbender would be but I don't think that Waterbending is my thing either.

Earthbending is not me because nature and I don't get along really. Waiting for the right moment to strike an enemy requires patience (that which I do not have) so that doesn't fit me either.

I honestly don't know what element I would have in the Avatar world. I am extremely stubborn, so Earthbending would fit, but I'm also short tempered and diect, which is Firebending. It's difficult to decide on what element I would represent. I would probably be a Firebender though, because my most infamous trait is my short temper. I do things directly and don't give much thought about wat might happen after. This is a trait of Firebending as well, so I would most likely be a Firebender.

Light Bender =] could be useful, saves playing the sun song every five minutes :P

Aww, apparently i can only be a bender of limited things... Most things are better bent though =[

But i choose Air bending, I guess i could rob people of the air that they need to breath, i could bend it so that if i were to climb a mountain i'd have air, if i was crashing in a hot air balloon i'm sure air-bending could help. Ooohh i could make tornados and hurricanes too! Or can i only bend so far before the air breaks?

Oooh if i wear the right clothes i could so fly... possibilities :P

Last edited:
At first, before watching the show i thought i would be a fire bender...but i'd so be an air bender as am rather laid back and dont like violence and stuff also i love all the tricks they can do with the air

Either that or i would be the avatar :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom