• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What kind of arrow would you want to see in BOTW?

Maybe not any particular arrow, but an unlimited amount of arrows after completing a certain task. Can be useful as game becomes more difficult.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Perhaps a water arrow, I believe I saw one in Thief? A small pouch of water attached to the head of an arrow used to put out torches. For bomb arrows, maybe a delayed explosion could be interesting. A light arrow that actually lit up dark places would be great.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
An arrow with a beehive. Bee arrows. Imagine shooting an enemy and an area of effect surrounding his buddies...with BEES!

I'd like a teleportation arrow which would have big range and be relatively easy to make. You would fire the arrow and you would teleport to wherever it landed.

What about a grappling hook arrow. Similar to hookshot/clawshot, can be shot to pull Link up to a ledge. I Know he can already climb, but this might make scaling cliffs quicker and even let him access more areas.
I like this idea, I can already tell I'm going to get sick of climbing . Lol

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I like the idea of a rope arrow but maybe not Hookshot style. I feel that it would be in keeping with BotWs sense of scale to allow Link to shoot one at a downward angle and be able to slide down it or to fire at an upward angle and be able to climb it using the stamina gauge to limit that utility within reason.

I actually really liked the bomb arrows in TP. They added a really unique element to the bow and I hope that they bring them back. Also in Trine 2 one of the arrows that you can use are low gravity arrows. They create a small low gravity field and they are actually really cool.

Gravity Arrow. When you shoot an enemy it cause others to get pulled toward him. This would be great for fighting hordes (which i'm counting on after warriors)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like the rope arrow. More to be used for climbing as mentioned or like in Tomb Raider to cross gaps... Large gaps, or too slide down safely to an area, though that wouldn't really be needed since there is the hang glider thing.

Teleportation arrow sounds way cool.
Also I would like the opposite of love arrow: the monster which was hit starts attacking everything it sees.
And maybe, if there is no hookshot ( or teleport arrow) an arrow attached to rope, which you can use to climb directly up and/or in dungeons

Feverish

Source of stink
Jack Sparrow Arrow: Link shoots Jack Sparrow, Captain Jack Sparrow at an enemy while Jack twirls his hands around, twiddles his fingers, and gives witty, sarcastic comments as he finds his mark.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Unlimited Arrow Works. Shoot one arrow, and it turns into several mid-air. Link needs some more AoE attacks. Also, poison arrow. I like DoT attacks, and I can't recall there being any in Zelda.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom