• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Keeps You Interested in a Youtuber?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here.

As you all know, I has a youtube channel where I talk video games mainly dealing with Zelda. Naturally, the people of Zelda Dungeon are the kind of people I want to attract to this channel. So I'm interested to know, what keeps you interested when you stumble across a youtuber? Obviously the topic at hand, but what other things? Professionalism? Comedy? The color of their eyes? What I do is just for fun, but I want to expand and entertain as many people as I can so it would be helpful to know what those people would like to see.

Thank you for your input.

Salem

SICK
First of all, if they talk about, or do a thing I'm actually interested in, most if the time though it's just random, I watch Egoraptor because of the awesome series, I watch let's players if they play games that I like, for example Nintendo Caprisun, he plays mostly Nintendo games, he does it in a style I like as an additional bonus.

I dunno how else I can answer this.

HappyMask

One Creepy Salesman
Personally, what keeps me interested is a common interest (Nintendo Capri Sun, Chugaaconroy, DMJared, PBG), good commentary (GameGrumps, Caddicarus, Scarfulhu) or thought provoking content (Satchbags).
I also like a thing that is different (Zero Punctuation, Ashens) or just because they are funny (Nerdcubed, Sips, Simpzanator, Sjin, inthelittlewood)
P.S. I recommend all these YouTubers!

The thing that keeps me engaged is the topic. Sure comedy is a good thing but I like more normal conversation. Just talk like you would to a friend or something about something I like and it works well.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I mostly watch YouTube for entertainment, like most probably, so I like a YouTuber who is generally funny and produces good content. So for me, it's a balance between the personality of the YouTuber and the quality of the content they provide. One of my favourite YouTubers--or used to be as I don't watch YouTube as much anymore--is Uberhaxornova. He's funny, relatable, has good quality and provides a range of content.

So I'd say; quality videos, good personality, a sense of humour and someone who produces a range of content on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
The commentary usually keeps me around, I tend to watch the people who have ridiculous commentary for the most part though, and also overall the people I watch are alright people in my book. In either case what these players do works for me though, yep.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Consistency, really. You want that person to be funny and stay funny. And keep being the reason you subscribed in the first place! There's a few Youtubers who I subscribed to for certain things who stopped doing that, and I've stopped watching because of that. But some people can translate what they've always done to new games and new things and that'll keep me watching.

And of course, personality. And views. If someone has dumb views, I don't watch their video. People always send me random videos about games and usually I ignore. So, I think well-informed and level-headed people are who I like best, bar the people who just play games and don't get involved in politics. :P

Isaac

Doesn't have internet
I usually use youtube as a source of information. So if its an informitave channel, I'll watch (see: vlogbrothers)

pkfroce

Skelepuns
The commentary plays a big part for me. If the commentary is funny, I'm in. They have to be talking about something I'm interested in of course. And their voice... Has to not be annoying. I guess you can't change that though if you DO have an annoying voice. There are some youtubers who's voices I just can't stand.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, the biggest thing for me is that they don't upload the same video 100 times. In order for me to be able to enjoy a YouTuber, they need to be able to keep me interested, which means new material.

Also, most of the YouTubers I watch are funny. I don't usually watch them if they are not because I find the videos to become stale really fast. By funny, I mean humour that I can personally relate to. People making corny puns in each of their videos are more likely to be enjoyed by me than somebody who acts like an idiot for publicity (though, I do enjoy Smosh).

I love video game music covers. There are several VG music coverers on YouTube that I enjoy, and they mostly upload regularly. There are some exceptions, such as sp0ntanius, but that is forgivable because of the creativity he puts in his videos. I am always looking forward to new videos by Smooth Mcgroove, and they are almost always enjoyable for me. I also love the many VG guitarists on YouTube, since their talent with mixing and mastering is great. There's too many that I enjoy to list here, though my favourite is Familyjules7x.

Lastly, they need to upload regularly. I like having videos to look forward to on a semi regular basis, instead of having to wait a year or more for a new video. The longer the wait, the more my interest drops in their videos.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
One of my favorite youtubers is Dave Brown, the vocalist of the band You And What Army, and owner of the website Boy In A Band. He posts a number of electronic music tutorials and correlating product reviews.

The reason Dave keeps me interested is partially the subject matter. I'm very interested in making electronic music, and I use the same music software as him, which is the main reason why I subscribe to his channel.

The other reason I stay interested is the fact that he keeps talking, never pausing for "um" or "er". He also never lets his voice grow monotone, always keeping his pitch light enough to hold the audience without sounding like an attention seeking scene kid. His humor is also very tongue-in-cheek, and borderline nsfw in the jokes, giving it a light humor, something necessary for a tutorial or product review.

I also actively follow PewDiePie, PMRants, and The Switcher(Matt & Pat), each for similar reasons (though there was a point when PewDiePie was boring to me because the humor was old and not as funny;he's gotten a bit better over the past few months).

So overall that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom