• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Items Did You Buy?

What Items Did You Buy?

• Bow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hammer

• Bombs

• Boomerang

• Fire Rod

• Ice Rod

• Sand Rod

• Tornado Rod

• Hookshot

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
I bought all of them. The key to save your rupees is to buy either the fire rod or ice rod as your first item. When Ravio gives you your 50% discount for your first item, both rods are the most expensive items in the shop so for me it would make sense to me to buy one of them for half the price. :3

Kirino

Tatakae
By the time I got the ability to buy items (pretty late in the game; I know of others who have gotten it earlier, but I'm not sure what the prerequisites are), I'd amassed so many Rupees that I was able to buy all of them at once. Like most people, I bought the Fire Rod first because of how expensive it was and the discount.

I bought everything to complete my game. I thought I'd get a bonus from Ravio but alas, none D: I also bought the Hookshot discounted as that was my absolute favorite item to use!

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I bought all the items as soon as I could. I purchased them in order of efficiency. I thought that since the fire and ice rods would come in handy for certain dungeons and were the most expensive that I should buy them quite early on. On my first play through I bought the bow first because I used the most, following that was the hookshot, so on and so forth. On my current play through I bought the ice rod first with the half off discount. I'm slowly buying them all asap.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm not sure which item I used my discount for (despite the fact I've just been playing the game in the past week or so...) but I actually dedicated plenty of time to systematically buying the items one by one as soon as I could afford to. It wasn't so much the fact that I would lose the items if I was unlucky enough to die in battle, but the fact that Mother Maiamai would only upgrade the items if I owned them (and that was really what spurred me on to make sure I found every single Maiamai - making this the first Zelda game ever that I'll 100%).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I bought all the items eventually... It took a while to raise the rupees though because I spent so much on the Cucco Ranch minigame, and that freaking con artist who I believe was in Skull Woods, but I could be wrong.

I used my discount for the Fire rod, because of the price. Then I bought the bombs immediately after because I use them the most.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I bought all the items eventually... It took a while to raise the rupees though because I spent so much on the Cucco Ranch minigame, and that freaking con artist who I believe was in Skull Woods, but I could be wrong.

I used my discount for the Fire rod, because of the price. Then I bought the bombs immediately after because I use them the most.

I didn't view him as a con artist, since he gave you that golden bie which the bie man was very happy for and made it possible to sell more bies to him...

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Personally speaking I found a way to farm Rupees at a decent pace early on, and as such I just went ahead and bought everything as time went by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom