• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Item is the Most Useless to You?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
originally posted by PoP 360
The Telescope in ww it was useless you used it once at the beging and if he hadn't looked through it he wouldn't have to do the whole quest!!! I thought It was a useless item I never used it at all thats mine.
I actually used the telescope all the time, when I'm in sea, on dungeons, I really can't get why you think its useless. but any one with his opinion. The Cane of Somaria from ALttP was useless, you use it in the dungeon for certain times and after it you don't use it at all.

I used the telescope alot! One time that I remember most recently is in the second visit to the forsaken fortress I used it to find the pigs with the spot lights then I shot them with arrows. So I think the telescope is really usefull.

Din Akera

Sniper
Magic Beans in OoT I only use them when i do 100% completions.
Fairy Sword in MM everything was dead by the time I got it to use it, and then you get Feirce Deity, so there was no point.

Those were the two the sprung to mind.

I'm gonna say all the brand new items in Twilight Princess. Not so much because they were as useless as some in other games, but because they were very useless consider they were full dungeon weapons and that they were such awesome concepts. They really could have done better with this and given them more usage. I know several of them were acquired at the end of the game, but that doesn't change the fact that there was plenty they could have done even that late. There's really no excuse for them ditching those items.

For clarification, in case anyone needs it, I'm mainly referring to the Spinner, Ball & Chain and Double Clawshot.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
The Ice Arrows in OoT are the most useless item in history. They have no effect whatsoever. At least in MM you can actually freeze water and make ice blocks!

Z

zora14

I gotta go with the slingshot. you only use it up until you get a bow and arrows, and in TP I only used it to impress Talo and Malo.

the spinner in TP was a fun item to use but the only time you really use it i found was in the one dungeon sadly
and bombchu's in OoT
only time i remember using them was in... was it the spirit temple? i think...
oh and in a minigame

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Top 5 of useless items.

5.: The bait from The Legend of Zelda (NES), representative for all of the items that are needed at exactly one point in the respective game.

4.: The golden feathers from Wind Waker, representative for the collectibles, be it here or in the DS games.

3.: The Deku nuts in Ocarina of Time. I'd rather throw a bomb. And when I want to stun enemies, I use the boomerang.

2.: Circus Leader's Mask, representative for most of the non-transforming masks. Tons of masks are rather useless (how about the rabbit ears - in Ocarina of Time?), but the Circus Leader's Mask takes the cake. Majora16 said it all on page 2. Its only purpose (besides getting the Fierce Deity Mask) is to make it easier to get the Romani Mask, which you already have once you get the Circus Leader's Mask.

1.: The telescope from Wind Waker. Not only is it only needed to trigger one video sequence, it actually becomes redundant after you get the pictobox, and still hogs the top spot in your inventory. And it's not even yours!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I thought it was the Slingshot in TP. You only use it a little bit in the game, and when you get to Goron Mines it is completely useless, because it doesn't affect the enemies at all.

Jedizora

:right:
My most useles sitem was the zora, gerudo and goron mask in OoT. All they did was make alternite text appear. I thought the telescope was useful for finding new things, like the fishmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom