• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Early morning shower thought:

Zelda games almost always end with what would be considered one of the "bad" endings in a Dark Souls game: the status quo ending. Souls games always offer the option of an ending where the protagonist just sort of puts things back to the way they were immediately before bad stuff happened, and just hoping that things turn out differently next time.

Zelda is a series that involves constantly banishing Ganon and hoping stuff will turn out better next time.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Early morning shower thought:

Zelda games almost always end with what would be considered one of the "bad" endings in a Dark Souls game: the status quo ending. Souls games always offer the option of an ending where the protagonist just sort of puts things back to the way they were immediately before bad stuff happened, and just hoping that things turn out differently next time.

Zelda is a series that involves constantly banishing Ganon and hoping stuff will turn out better next time.
that's more of an observation than an unpopular opinion maybe?

NastyLesley

Goth catboy thingy
Unpopular opinions tend to be negative opinions and I don't really have a whole lot of negative opinions on almost anything in the Zelda series but I'll see what I can generate from my fanboy brain.

#1: The Wind Waker is one of the most boring games in the series and one of my least favorites. (Mind you I don't dislike it but given the choice between it and almost any other game in the series? Most of the rest of the series wins out for me.)

#2: Voice acting in Breath of the Wild is mediocre and unnecessary. (I don't know if this opinion of mine is necessarily "unpopular" as such but I know that voice acting in Zelda has its fans.)

#3: Breath of the Wild's story and characters were underwhelming and forgettable when compared to games that came before it. Barring a few standouts like Sidon and Paya I find them rather uninteresting. The story was serviceable but nothing to really write home about, a bit oversimplified for my taste.

#4: Breath of the Wild's soundtrack was the worst in the series so far. My love of music started with the Zelda series so it was very disappointing for me to see them take the "atmospheric" approach in which one unpaid intern hesitantly pokes piano keys for several hours. (The Hyrule Castle theme is a banger though.)

With three of my four unpopular opinions being negative ones about Breath of the Wild it probably sounds like I hate the game but I do rather love it despite its faults.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I severely dislike OoT graphics and I wish it's remade
th

I wanna say all the models were updated, but they still suffered from like the low resolution of the 3ds. Supposedly the models themselves upscale somehwat nicely in an emulator but the textures do not. I think the weirdest part is the newer models still having the old animations but there's not much to be done about that without changing the way the game plays probably.

I wish the Wii U had his own Zelda game is the only console that dont have his own exclusive Zelda yes we had Wind Waker Twilight Princess Remasters and Hyrule Warriors but i would have preferred to have a Twilight Princess 2 instead of a Twilight Princess Remaster i think that if the Wii U had its own Zelda game the Wii U Console would have sold more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom