• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

robin williams as ganondorf is such a weird thing to think about
comedy ganon
Well, I mean, he did more than just comedy. Good Will Hunting, Father of the Year, parts of Good Morning Vietnam. I wouldn't even consider Jumanji incredibly comedic. Though, I will admit I'm drawing a blank on whether or not he ever did any villain roles.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That's just my problem with it, could they ever do it right? Could Zelda ever have a voice actor that would be just as good as the imaginary voices we imagine when playing the games? It looks like Ganondorf is going to be in BOTW2, and what if he has a voice? Will his voice actor be able to do justice to one of gaming's most iconic villains? And I certainly don't think any voice actor could do Link justice. These are some of gaming's most iconic characters and its best if IMO Nintendo just lets us imagine the conversations since in our heads it will always be perfect.

Plus, the voice acting means we can't name Link :( That was such an iconic part of the series.

It depends who they get. The Japanese VA will hopefully be either Takashi Nagasako or Taiten Kusunoki who will do amazing work as they already voiced him before.

I can almost guarantee you they will mess up the English VA though

I still think the original legend of Zelda is a good game. Yes it has aged but it’s still a good experience.

Also Zelda 2 is hard, I can’t finish it, but it’s still pretty fun, better then the multiplayer games for sure.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
uh... what makes these unpopular
I would guess the part about Zelda 2 being better than the multiplayer games? I tend to see people say Zelda 2 is the worst bar none because of how hard it is, or at least thats the impression I get of the "popular" take on the game.

I think it's also popular to overlook Zelda 1 because of how aged it is. You don't really see it on people's top 5 favorites do you? Outright claiming it's still up there can be considered against the norm in my eyes.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I would guess the part about Zelda 2 being better than the multiplayer games? I tend to see people say Zelda 2 is the worst bar none because of how hard it is, or at least thats the impression I get of the "popular" take on the game.

I think it's also popular to overlook Zelda 1 because of how aged it is. You don't really see it on people's top 5 favorites do you? Outright claiming it's still up there can be considered against the norm in my eyes.
people don't exactly talk up the multiplayer games either though, I guess calling it "fun" is unpopular (despite me agreeing it's fun) but the rest I'm not seeing

the zelda 1 comment is flat out a normal take, thecat didn't say it was in their top 5, just it's a good game still, which yeah it is

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
the zelda 1 comment is flat out a normal take, thecat didn't say it was in their top 5, just it's a good game still, which yeah it is
I feel like there is some people who disagree around here, but yeah this isn’t exactly a “hot” take.

What is a hot take is mine on Zelda 1, being that its still one of the best games in the series, being better than a large portion of later titles, including LttP, LBW, BotW, and TP (Obviously).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I didn't say they did, I'm just saying that it being praised instead of overlooked seems against the norm to me.
zelda 1 is practically guaranteed to be in people's top 5 NES games and it's one of the most influential video games ever, even if you think it's overlooked, I don't see how recognizing it as a good game is unpopular
I feel like there is some people who disagree around here, but yeah this isn’t exactly a “hot” take.

What is a hot take is mine on Zelda 1, being that its still one of the best games in the series, being better than a large portion of later titles, including LttP, LBW, BotW, and TP (Obviously).
yeah I can more so see how being over the moon about zelda 1 might look unpopular, certainly more than just calling it good

by the way @ThatCat none of this is a dig at you or anything, the only thing geared towards you is my first reply

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I've seen a lot of people rank LOZ 1 quite low because of its aging issues. And Zelda 2 is one of many people's least favorites
a game being ranked lower doesn't mean it's disliked, just people like the later games more, zelda 1 is still well liked even w/ the age

I think you can go either way on the multiplayer games and zelda 2 for which is more liked

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
  • botw is the worst game in the series and was a huge letdown-- the only good it had was that there was a huge overworld that you could explore. everything else felt very rushed
  • majora's mask is the best zelda game there is (and you can't change my mind)
  • ganondorf/ganon deserve more lore instead of just being the typical end of game boss and any info on him is mainly just hearsay from npcs
  • skyward sword is headache inducing. i agree that it is on par with twilight princess in a sense, but it is the ugly step sister of the two
  • twilight princess is a good game... besides the fact that it's way too easy. the dungeons are easy, bosses are easy, enemies are easy-- compared to the style of the game and darkness to it, the level of difficulty just didn't match up and made it kind of disappointing in a way
tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom