• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Gerudo Valley, while an amazing theme, is not the best in Ocarina of Time. To me, that goes to Kakariko Village.
To me, it might go to the Forest Temple theme, although it, the Spirit Temple theme, and Gerudo Valley are probably in my top three tracks, with the order switching slightly. The theme for Inside the Great Deku Tree is underrated as well; it's really atmospheric.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Twilight Princess has good graphics. Sure, lots of the models look ugly or even really ugly, but the graphics look pretty good, especially areas like Lake Hylia, the Twilight Realm, and the fishing hole.
for gamecube hardware its pretty good, the artsyle just didn't really age well, but I also still liked the environments too

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
That’s not unpopular
It is after Egoraptor made that video a few years back. Now there are three ways to view OoT -
  • OoT is a masterpiece and a classic
  • OoT was the first of it's kind, and thus there are a lot of flaws despite being a great experience.
  • Videogames are bad because I am a Karen who believes every other facebook meme, and thus videogames cause violence because Sharon and Becky said so in this funny Minion meme.
The Good
The Flawed
The Ugly Haircut

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
The reason why I said it’s not unpopular is because if you ask a person “What video game (Nintendo or not) is a classic?”, Most will give you Ocarina of Time as their answer. Lots of people love Ocarina of Time, and from what I’ve seen, it (along with BotW) is most people’s favorite Zelda

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I agree with you on that, but like I said, there are now three ways to view OoT. Majority see the The Good, few see The Flawed point-of-view, and Karens see The Ugly Haircut P.O.V.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay, another unpopular opinion....I really like Yunobo. Many people dislike him but I don't. I had to play him in one of the new quests in AoC but he's actually cool and very friendly and supportive to those along side of him. Yeah, unpopular opinion but that's the purpose of this thread, right? ;)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Adventure of Link is a great game.

The Water Temple is neither an excessively difficult dungeon nor the hardest dungeon in the game. Additionally, it's a top tier dungeon all around.

Tri Force Heroes is really fun and the cheesy story really doesn't matter.

Skyward Sword's motion controls are fine.

Breath of the Wild is heavily flawed and far from the definitive Zelda experience; not only is it not the best Zelda game, I would argue it's not even top 3.

Ocarina of Time does not hold up as much as the highest rated game ever should.

Exploring the Great Sea is great.

City in the Sky is the single worst dungeon in the entire franchise.

I'm sure there are more I have, these are just the first ones I could think of.
I would say most of these still hold up, but I'd like to add a couple more:

- BotW2 should absolutely not reuse BotW's overworld.

- Majora's Mask is the greatest Zelda game, greatest Nintendo game, and perhaps greatest video game in general.

- Button controls for SSHD were a bad idea (came up with this one after trying them).

- The Triforce Shard Hunt is not that bad

- Tingle is actually a hilarious character who I'm glad gets to be recurring.

- Age of Calamity's story is actually pretty good.

- Most of the one-off villains are far more compelling than Ganondorf has been in any of his appearances bar TWW.

- ALBW is better than ALttP and the rental system is fine.

- Anyone who says TP has item usage problems is just wrong.

- If BotW becomes Zelda's "future" then I may not stick around for the ride.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Okay, another unpopular opinion....I really like Yunobo. Many people dislike him but I don't. I had to play him in one of the new quests in AoC but he's actually cool and very friendly and supportive to those along side of him. Yeah, unpopular opinion but that's the purpose of this thread, right? ;)
Yes yes yes! I love Yunobo! Best boy. He's very good and loveable. Liking him shouldn't be unpopular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom