• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Clearly i musta touched a nerve to dare diss Wind Waker, read the title yeah, it says unpopular zelda opinion not "oh lets try n start a fight with another user because i don't like their opinion"
nah, it's okay, being wrong is what this thread is for
we don't need to make a stink out of it

Mine is that the story of BOTW is good in large part because of the minimalism, which is appropriate for the game. For this reason, I don't want the gaps to be filled in, which is why I was sceptical about AOC and delighted when it turned out to be irrelevant to BOTW.

Also Temple of the Ocean King is better than the Tower of Spirits.

Fallen Hero timeline should be more edgy like Majora Mask, Twlight Princess or A Link to the Past its a world that everything go to downhill Ganon won in this timeline its like Sauron winning in LOTR not a fan of the "cute" remake of Link Awakening of A Link Between Worlds being a sequel of A Link to the Past

Fallen Hero timeline should be more edgy like Majora Mask, Twlight Princess or A Link to the Past its a world that everything go to downhill Ganon won in this timeline its like Sauron winning in LOTR not a fan of the "cute" remake of Link Awakening of A Link Between Worlds being a sequel of A Link to the Past
I like your idea, but that shouldn't mean all the games should have a dreary atmosphere; Ganon won against the HoT initially, but that was pretty much as good as it got for him, considering he spends a good part of that timeline struggling to come back to life. Hyrule literally enters a Golden Age at one point.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
honestly I disagree that the downfall timeline isn't dark- the games share a general theme of a scattered hyrule overrun with monsters more than hylians, and that's not the case with other timelines where monsters are generally sparse and only starting to pop up in accordance with Ganon's resurrection
the art style doesn't need to reflect this and I think MM's art is really more trippy and abstract than "edgy"

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
The Water Temple isn't that annoying, Dodongo's Cavern is the worst OoT dungeon.
Odolwa is the stupidest boss in the Zelda series.
The Forest Temple is way too easy.

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
Is hating the timeline unpopular here? That stuff was just made to please the fans, and its very forced. Having a timeline where apparently Ganon won or some bull**** just proves that
They also made it to explain how the zelda games tie into each other, which I'm sure a lot of people really wanted.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Adventure of Link is a great game.

The Water Temple is neither an excessively difficult dungeon nor the hardest dungeon in the game. Additionally, it's a top tier dungeon all around.

Tri Force Heroes is really fun and the cheesy story really doesn't matter.

Skyward Sword's motion controls are fine.

Breath of the Wild is heavily flawed and far from the definitive Zelda experience; not only is it not the best Zelda game, I would argue it's not even top 3.

Ocarina of Time does not hold up as much as the highest rated game ever should.

Exploring the Great Sea is great.

City in the Sky is the single worst dungeon in the entire franchise.

I'm sure there are more I have, these are just the first ones I could think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom