• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

MW7

The Water Temple is the best dungeon in the series, and it's also the easiest adult dungeon in Ocarina of Time (first playthrough yes it's confusing but on subsequent playthroughs it has the least risk of death at least for me).

The best puzzles in the series are in Skyward Sword mostly due to timeshift stones.

Divines Beasts are pretty good dungeons (true there needed to be more of them and the bosses should have been more varied).

We need more ice block puzzles.

The sweet spot of emphasis on the story is minimal like A Link to the Past.

Ocarina of Time Master Quest is underrated. The Fire and Spirit Temples are actually better in that version.

Unique controls like Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword are all positive contributions to the series.

Temple of the Ocean King and Tower of Spirits are both great.

Spirit Tracks has the best version of Zelda's character.

Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess is one of the best final dungeons in the series and is underrated while the Palace of Twilight is overrated and an absolute chore.

Wind Waker has the worst dungeons of any 3d game, and the triforce quest might be the best part of the game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Twilight Princess is a bad game, the worst in the series.

Midna is a bad character and the worst companion in the series.

Spirit Tracks is one of the most fun games in the series.

Fi and Navi aren't that annoying.

Triforce Heroes wasn't terrible. Not great, but still fairly fun.

BotW's story is one of the best in the series.

BotW's music direction is fantastic.

Champion's Tunic is way better than the Hero's Clothes ever were.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
*deep breath*

BotW, SS, and LttP were all equal levels of mediocre.

LBW was terrible

ST is the best Zelda game we’ve had in the past decade

Zelda has had more good storytelling experiences than bad ones

every mechanic brought over from SS in BotW was done better in SS.

Link should always be a child, except for in special cases like in OoT.

HW was a bad game.

futuristic tech in Zelda can be done well, BotW didn’t do it well.

trains in Zelda was a better idea than laser crab robots in Zelda.

MM is the closest thing to a perfect game mankind has ever made.

the champions tunic is stupid and does not fit link at all, though I actually rather like it on Zelda

the voice acting in BotW wasn’t the worst thing ever, but I’d rather not bring it back ever again.

link shouldn’t talk

Link should never be a girl.

Zelda 2 needs a remake more than any other game in the series.

there were 2 good characters in twilight Princess, one of them was only good for the memes, and the other wasn’t even originally a TP character.

ganon has only been a good villain in OoT and WW.

demise is a better villain then zant, yuga, and vaati combined.

Yuga is just a discount ghirahim.

the timeline is perfectly fine in nearly every way.

Capcom didn’t know what they were doing with the oracle games and it shows.

the oracle games had some good ideas, but none of them were executed well.

Midnas character arc is an overused trope that has been done better multiple times in the series, both before and after TP.

KorL is the best companion in the console titles.

Linebeck is the best companion period.

Motion and touch controls are fine in the games they’re in, and I’m glad those games have them, but I don’t need any more of them.

the only reason FS is the worst game in the series is because I can’t play the damn thing.

and of course:

TP is the worst single player game in the entire Zelda franchise.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I think Triforce Heroes is more fun than a fair number of other games including A Link to the Past, Spirit Tracks and the Oracle games. Multiplayer is a big plus for me but what keeps the Four Swords games so low is the logistics required just to play them.

-The Zelda canon sucks! Is really inexistent, it was just made up before SS and it was never meant to be. (And I think it was better that way).
-BOTW's weapon break mechanic is fun, people just like to attach themselves to weapons.
-BOTW's may not have the best linear story, but if you tell it to someone as in a book you realise one of the best written from the franchise (not that the story is something more that good vs evil in the Zelda's game).

you mean to say that the zelda canon being great and making complete sense is the popular opinion?

Not really that, but people trying to make it work is the popular opinion (at least on youtube and some forums). Trying to get some chronology in games that had none to begin with.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
you mean to say that the zelda canon being great and making complete sense is the popular opinion?

it’s certainly my opinion
Not really that, but people trying to make it work is the popular opinion (at least on youtube and some forums). Trying to get some chronology in games that had none to begin with.

I mean, almost every game after OoT was clearly meant to link back to either OoT or LttP (no pun intended), it’s just a matter of connecting the two.

but this isn’t the thread for that.

I can understand making distinctions between mainline games and spin-offs. I don't bother to make distinctions between 2D and 3D. Its a main Zelda game anyway you look at it, and neither is automatically indicative of quality, or lack thereof. Its just silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom