• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Skyward Sword is better than Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom combined.

(I think that would be unpopular, my understanding is the internet does not like Skyward Sword, but critics did so what do I know)
Actually, both BotW and TotK have a higher Metacritic rating than SS.

Nintendo wants to convert the Zelda series to be more in line disconnected games like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy, so they can do whatever they want with each installment; but at the same time they want to keep the Nostalgia bait.

That’s why TotK is not even a sequel to BotW.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Nintendo wants to convert the Zelda series to be more in line disconnected games like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy, so they can do whatever they want with each installment; but at the same time they want to keep the Nostalgia bait.

that's not really an opinion, it's just describing what they're doing

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Well, that's what they've been doing for decades now. Zelda has always been a series of incredibly disconnected games. Even the direct sequels try their hardest not to be.

Skyward Sword's motion control are fantastic and more Zelda games should have them!

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
basically breath of the tears could've had motion control options for combat
Honestly it would have worked better there than in TP since BotWs combat is so overly simplistic by design. Waggling the remote is a lot more effective when you have exactly one move in combat.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't think there's any world where I'd prefer motion controls over standard button stuff in a third person game, especially with the Switch's primitive gyro motion controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom