• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Typical Reaction to Gaming "Leaks" and "Rumors"

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It feels like every other week there is some new rumor or leak floating around. Since this is primarily a Zelda and Nintendo themed Forum, I'll bring up just a few that I've seen in the last few weeks.

• "Leaked" images of a Special Edition Tears of the Kingdom Switch OLED
  • Rumor that Tears of the Kingdom will be the last major first party title for the Switch
  • Rumor that Tears of the Kingdom will utilize Switch Online in some capacity
  • Rumor that Illumination is working on a Zelda movie
  • "Leak" that Metroid Prime is being remade for Switch.
A lot going on, right? Now what if I told you that in this list I put one thing that is true! I actually did, lol. One of these is a fact I have presented as either a rumor or leak, but can you guess which one? If you've been keeping up with news it'll be easy to spot, but this is more an experiment for those who haven't really kept up with news. If someone like that is presented this list, I think they'd have a hard time picking something from it for certain.

I'll give it about a day and then verify which one is true, so until then guess away!

Do you buy into rumors and leaks? What is usually your criteria for a rumor or leak to be credible? My view always remains that nothing is true until verified. Of course, the downside to that is on the very rare occassion that a rumor or leak ends up being true, when it was presented to me before verification I couldn't determine if I was looking at something real or fake. I'd much rather remain skeptical though than have my hopes dashed on something everyone is uncertain about.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Annoyance. Whenever a leak appears, there are only two outcomes:

1.It turns out to be false and I become annoyed that we can’t have nice things.

2.It turns out to be true and I become annoyed that it couldn’t have been a pleasant surprise in a direct or something.

Either way they suck.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
  • Leaked" images of a Special Edition Tears of the Kingdom Switch OLED
  • Rumor that Tears of the Kingdom will be the last major first party title for the Switch
  • Rumor that Tears of the Kingdom will utilize Switch Online in some capacity
  • Rumor that Illumination is working on a Zelda movie
  • "Leak" that Metroid Prime is being remade for Switch.
Well it's been a few days, nobody took guesses on this list, lol. I'll give it overnight and then reveal which one of these is actually confirmed.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Assume they're fake until a real announcement comes to light. If I had a dollar for every time a "Switch Pro" rumor popped up, I'd have enough dollars to replace the Switch that was destroyed when my upstairs pipes burst.

I used to follow rumors until a few years ago. The straw that broke the camel's back was the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD rumor. I fell for that one too many times to trust rumors again.

Also, I don't think Tears of the Kingdom will be the last major Switch release. Nintendo will definitely at least still bring Metroid Prime 4 to Switch. If Nintendo promises that a game will release on a system, they do a pretty good job keeping that promise. Hell, Breath of the Wild still released on Wii U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom