• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Region

J

j777majora

Hello people. Now think about this. You all love the cute pkoemon, but what about the region. So my question for you is what is your favorite region. Mine for example is Hoenn. Leave comments of saying what is your region.

My favorite region is Kanto with Unova in a close second.

I naturally feel nostalgia towards Kanto as that is where I started my Pokemon adventure, however, there was a lot to love about it. Links to famed TV show characters Gary, Professor Oak, Brock, and Misty truly helped to build that connection. As for the actual gameplay, while subpar compared to the double, triple, and rotation battles we have now, it truly was something new for 1996. The Pokemon designs are also amazing. I'm sure not to forget the likes of Venasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, Arbok, Aerodactyl or Mewtwo anytime soon. Kanto's Elite IV were also arguably the most challenging and therefore (for me at least) exhilarating. Also, I loved the twist with Giovanni-Team Rocket's boss. To believe he was the eighth gym leader and the last gym was actually the first you passed on your journey! :xd:

Unova comes in second for the numerous graphical, gameplay, and story improvements it brought to the franchise. I'll never forget those breathtaking bridges as well as skyscrapers, triple as well as rotation battles, and last but certainly not least, Team Plasma and N-the most mysterious character of all.

Rachel

be vigitant
Hoenn. The Pokemon and characters just really stuck out to me. In my opinion the Hoenn Pokemon have more personality than the others. Examples would be Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile, to name a few. I liked the plot in the Unova games, the Pokemon just didn't stand out as much in my eyes.

Hoenn League/region definetly!!! Hoenn gave us the battle frontier, my favorite pokemon heroine (MAY) , double battles, contests, my favorite HM move (DIVE), & even wents so far as to have TWO evil cororations! I really hope they make a remake for the Hoenn region!

My favorite region used to be Kanto for the nostalgia, but after replaying my Platinum I'm going to have to go and say Sinnoh is my new favorite. Let's take a look.

Sinnoh brought us the first ever National Dex. Holy crap was this the best feature that Pokemon has brought to the table for me yet. My favorite thing to do in those games is collect all the Pokemon. I have completed each dex in every single game atleast once. Collecting Pokemon is my passion in those games and the National Dex gives me incentive to do it all over again from all the regions in one game. I have yet to complete the National Dex in my Platinum version, but I hope to accomplish it someday. I know Black/White has the National Dex as well, but I really can't be bothered with those games.

Sinnoh also brought us online play and the GTS (Global Trading Station). I'm not that competitive in Pokemon battling, but I know some people who are. It's a great addition for the game adding loads of replayability. I'm particularly interested in the GTS because it's making it easier to complete my National Dex.

The story is by far the best in all of the series. Now, this can be argued, but I think it had the most interesting plot out of all the games. Team Galactic was interesting and comical, and Cyrus' quest to create and dominate the whole world through controlling Giratina and the Distortion World was fascinating to see. The other games were good as well, but I just became particularly close to Team Galactic.

Last but not least, I just love the Pokemon from that region the most. Not much to say here, other than I thought they got most creative with the names and semblance of each Pokemon. I

Kanto, purely due to nostalgia.
I just love it; the Pokemon, the tv series, everything from the Kanto region I love :D
It was the first region I ever experienced as well !

Pikacondon

Title.
I like Kanto, Sinnoh, and Unova,(hate johto) but I'd have to say Hoenn. I was in 1st grade when Hoenn was new, and I saved up lots of money, and I bought.....lots of Pokemon stuff. when I heard my uncle had Sapphire, I just had to play it....and that's how I fell in love with the unusual geography and wonderful pokemon of hoenn.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Hoenn is the best region by far. The towns and cities are awesome (Foretree and the Log place) and the pokemon in it look the best. Especially Raquaza and Deoxys (my two fave legends), Blaziken (my fave starter evolution) and all of the others! Also, the music is the best in the series!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom