• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Reason For Staying With "Zelda Dungeon"?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
It's not a toxic cesspool like Reddit or, to a lesser extent, GameFAQs. I can say I think your favorite game is a piece of garbage and expect a genuine conversation out of it instead of some fanboy screeching "TROLL ALERT! X game is objectively good! Nobody can disagree with this!"

And I suppose, to a lesser extent, there is a troll problem these sites have, but frankly I think this is only an issue because the rest of the community is low hanging fruit for them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My love for Zelda brought me here back in Jan 2010. I became a staff member in March 2012. This site had many ups and a lot of downs. The last couple of years it has been steady. This is the only site I'm active on. And I mean really active. There are people one this site I won't be able to talk to otherwise. Plus this site helped me grow into a better and more nature person. I'm not always active but I won't leave anytime soon

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
threads and stuff I guess, this is really the only website/forums around where I go to talk about games and whatnot, I could probably find different avenues for that but I just haven't bothered looking yet

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It wasn't always this way, however. I left during a period of time when this site was allowing the same sort of abusive behavior that other places on the net are rife with. During that time, the world had gone the better part of a decade without a Zelda title since Twilight Princess and without any Zelda discussion to be had most of the talk turned political and it was woefully clear that certain sides were not going to tolerate any dissenting opinions and took to personally attacking and harassing anyone who disagreed with them and for the most part that misbehavior was being tolerated.

I don't think I was the only one who bailed out around that time. I poked my head in silently from time to time for a while to see if anything had changed and it hadn't. And for a long time I had lost interest. Then when Suckward was announced I lurked in again to see what was going on and after a quick assessment I decided to herald my return and see how it went. Fortunately, many of the more beloved personalities from before had returned as well and many of the problem users had disappeared.
Wait, you also joined before 2011 and then made a new account, because I did that too and I'm surprised I'm only just finding this out about you.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Like pretty much everyone else says, its the community feel and theres people who arent as active in other places...

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I just love Zelda so much. Since BotW released, it has shot back into being my #1 obsession in life in a way it haven't really been since OoT. And I can't wait to follow the progress of BotW2 on this forum and share reactions with people.

Also I have made some pretty cool friends during my short time here. Checking my ZD notifications is far more exciting now than checking, say, twitter or snapchat. Everything from reactions to a WMYHT-post or extensive walls of text in dms. it definitely brightens my mood on rainy days.

I really dig the shoutbox too, as an idea for a forum. It's a great thing to have to just chill in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom