• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Programming Language of Choice?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
PHP. I have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with a heavy focus on JAVA, but when I started learning PHP on my own, I quickly fell in love with how it does arrays (such a geeky thing to say, I know). JAVA just couldn't find a golden middle between using either static arrays that had to have a declared size or the ArrayList where everything had to be turned into objects before submitted. PHP, however, offered me just what I wanted by having the arrays be open to use whichever way you yourself wanted it to be.

Oh golly I'm a big fan of visual basic, I'm a basic guy with basic needs you know, and gosh I know how bad that just sounds but heck I meant no offense ladies I mean… oh gosh I am in a heap of trouble now but what I meant was I work through life simple and happy you know.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Definitely PHP. That is my current line of work, after all. :)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, languages I'd say I'm relatively fluent with would be C++, though I've not done as much of that as I'd like to, C# and Javascript, since I've done a lot with XNA and used the Unity engine at University quite a bit and used nothing but Unity in College. I can also do Actionscript; I've dabbled with more stuff like Ruby and Python but I wouldn't call myself fluent with them. However I really dislike programming and try and actively avoid it if I possibly can! My Actionscript module really made me appreciate Javascript that little bit more and was my most used language, but our tutor tried to sway us to use C# when designing our Unity games. I'd probably say Javascript, lesser of two evils I suppose!

Last edited:

Kybyrian

Well, I like Java, but then again the only thing I really have any experience with is Java. I studied for a bit, but not much before I figured out that it's not something I really wanted to do. Kinda shifted my life interests, you know? I did like it a lot, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom