• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your preferred way to play Twilight Princess, with a traditional controller or Wiimote?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first gameplay was on the wii. It was actually the first Zelda game for me after PH. I had a wii at the time so I bought it for the wii. Never had any troubles with the controls. I later played it for the GC. When I discovered it was all mirrored I only had to reset my focus and play it. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the wii version. I also enjoyed the wiiu version. It's just the game itself that I like. No matter what console.
I think everybody is entitled to their own opinion if they like one version better than the other. For me personally I enjoyed all versions on the consoles but if I have to choose what controller I like best I'll go with a traditional controller. It makes it a bit more of a challenge aiming the boomerang or bow :D

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd rather play Twilight Princess with a controller. I know some people are fond how how Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword handled motion controls, but I just can't enjoy the Wii motion controls. They're just too imprecise for me, and the lack of one to one motion just takes me out of the experience. I'll take some good ol' buttons.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I got Twilight Princess for the Wii, but while I've only played it with the Wii Remote controls, I would prefer playing it with a controller. I've always felt more comfortable using a controller for games rather than the Wii Remote, and I feel like TP would be no exception to that.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
Twilight Princess on the Wii was my first Zelda game. I never had a problem with motion controls (except with the Roll-Goal Game) and for me, it holds up to this day.

That being said, there was an option on the Wii to disable the game's pointer which basically turned it into a non-motion control game. So, when I record Twilight Princess I always disable the pointer, that way the fairy isn't on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom