• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Preferred Search Engine?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
*I looked everywhere and I couldn't find a similar thread. If you find one, then feel free to lock or delete this one*

Aye guys, what search engine do you prefer to use? Google? Bing? Yahoo? Ask? Tell meeeeee!

(I put this in the technology forum because, not only is this forum dead, but search engines and technology kind of go hand-in-hand together, I guess).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I exclusively use Google because it gives me the best results. When I'm searching for anything, whether it is games or a certain forum (cough ZD cough), I always find what I'm looking for. However, I've tried to achieve similar results with Yahoo and Bing, to no avail. I don't know what it is, maybe Google has a monopoly-of-sorts on searching? Or maybe Bing/Yahoo are just inept?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I use Google. It's very convenient and I can typically find what I'm looking for with little to no trouble. It's email feature is also just as convenient, and it's very easy to use. It also includes Google Docs (recently updated to Google Drive), which is where I write, save, and store all of the chapters for my fan fiction, as well as other things I may need to write, particularly things dealing with school.

Overall, Google typically has the best features, and it suits my needs, so I use it. I don't use any other search engine.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I prefer google.
It always has my back and when I type something wrong google is all like "hey boy, you typed this wrong, so i'm just gonna show what I think you meant."

Dan

I use Ask Jeeves. Purely to look at this very handsome chap jeeves himself.
ask-jeeves.gif

He's pretty hawt too. :)

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Google, also I use Chrome so they kind of coencide xD

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I used to use altavista as I knew all the Boolean for it but now I simply use Google or Twingine. I like Twingine as it allows me to do a simultaneous split screen search on Yahoo and Bing at the same time. Very handy when I need corroborating information for an assignment.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Google is pretty comprehensive. It's like your one stop shop for any search result you can find on the World Wide Web. The only area where it is lacking is in video searches. Ever since Google bought YouTube Google only searches YouTube for video results. AFAIK, not all videos that can be found on the Web are on Youtube.

Google's image search is also very robust. I particularly like how you can narrow results down by image size. It helps sort through all the small size, low resolution images when you're looking for that nice big high res image for something. Also, a simple click and you can get all similar images in different sizes. Helps to choose just the right one.

If Google fails for whatever reason, mostly with videos, then I fall back on Bing. Google also has a nice presentation. Bing and Yahoo is rather sloppy with needless multicolored words all over random places, border outlines crisscrossing all over the place like fractal spreadsheet nightmare and worse, advertisements plastered all over the place. Google's presentation is nice and tidy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom