• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is Your Most Hated Zelda Misconception?

Djinn

and Tonic
Starting with the time honored "Why is that green guy named Zelda?" there have been loads of misconceptions of the series from the normal mundane stuff like elf named Zelda to the more complex things like Agahnim being a totally different person or MM being a dream. Which one just irks you the most whenever you encounter it?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
That it's a kiddy game full of colours with no depth or difficulty. I really had to defend the series at various occasions in my life against some ''badass'' Call of Duty/FIFA players. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FIFA as much as any one, but the Zelda series will always be special to me. And it is absolutely not what most people think of it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
if its medieval,it's associated w/ zelda
yes,while the games are usually in a medieval setting,it's in no way a 100% depiction of that time period like some people seem to make it out to be

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
It annoys me how people forget so often that Zelda's Adventure had the first sky dungeon, but I know this fact is obscure so I try not to blame people lol.

Djinn

and Tonic
I almost forgot, the modern Everything evolved into something between every game concept. Started from WW having Koroks and Rito that were both stated to have changed with the help of their own patron deities. So in game it was shows that divine intervention happened to cause this change. But now people want to think that every new species seen in a newer game did in fact evolve into a totally unrelated in every possible way species seen in a previous game further down the timeline. Monkeys evolving into Kokiri and Anouki evolving from Gorons are possibly the two most ridiculous that I have seen said over and over again.

The biggest offended was the Parella evolved into Zora, even though that was not stated anywhere, not hinted anywhere or has much bearing other than there being two types of fish people in or around Hyrule in general. And people started this rumor that the Hyrule Historia actually stated it was fact, even though it is not in the book at all. The rumor persists.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
That a majority of people think that Ganondorf is Demise himself reincarnated! No! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Demise curse says that his hatred will be reincarnated, not himself! All that Ganon has in common is the same lust for the Triforce, and the same hate for the gods, he is not Demise reincarnated!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That a majority of people think that Ganondorf is Demise himself reincarnated! No! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Demise curse says that his hatred will be reincarnated, not himself! All that Ganon has in common is the same lust for the Triforce, and the same hate for the gods, he is not Demise reincarnated!

Yep everyone knows Ganon is the reincarnation of Steve DESTROYER OF GALAXIES.

Anyway... biggest issue will always be people hating on the zelda series then try one game and go awww it's all the same what's the point, granted the games all follow the same formula but they each have differences.

2nd is Game Theory and how they keep using BS to back there lame theories on Zelda. I still hear people going LINK DIED OMG HE DIED. i just want my chainsaw for those moments.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
The link is dead theory. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

And that so many people think Zelda is Link without playing game :)

That Zelda II is super hard, when it only has a few difficult sections in it like any other game and the people who do give you hints are veeery clear about what you ought to do. Its actually pretty fair for most of the game and should be even easier to get through Death Mountain and the Great Palace in this day and age of guides and faqs for new gamers who've never played it

I have never met anyone who mistook Zelda for Link and I can't see how anyone really could, considering that Link is clearly a dude's name and Zelda is clearly a chick's.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That Zelda II is super hard, when it only has a few difficult sections in it like any other game and the people who do give you hints are veeery clear about what you ought to do. Its actually pretty fair for most of the game and should be even easier to get through Death Mountain and the Great Palace in this day and age of guides and faqs for new gamers who've never played it

I have never met anyone who mistook Zelda for Link and I can't see how anyone really could, considering that Link is clearly a dude's name and Zelda is clearly a chick's.

Tooo be fair when i was younger i thought link was wearing a dress it took 3 years to figure out it was a tunic ^^. God i was so dense 12 years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom