• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your least favorite thing about your favorite Zelda game?

Twilight Princess is my favorite. Something I've always disliked about it was some of the NPC designs. I remember seeing that there were 2 main designers, one for some of the NPCS and the other designer made the main characters and the atmosphere of the game. The woman who designed some of the NPCs was inspired by Alice in Wonderland, which always made me upset, this is Zelda, not Disney lol. Some of the weird looking characters don't look like they fit in the game, their proportions aren't human enough or their faces are ****ed. They should've only used that 1 designer who designed most of the game - this still makes me angry.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Majora's Mask is my beloved, the one game i'd marry, AND THEY SCREWED THE SWIM CONTROLS OVER ARRRRRGH. like seriously game is freaking fantastic, immersive world, damn good plot, the sidequests all have an interlacing theme of the people of Termina and then boom you gotta waste all yer magic to swim like a zora.

@Caramel H Agitha am i right, christ they botched some of the character designs of TP, it felt medieval almost gothic in some characters and then others were just puffy mushrooms.

Majora's Mask is my beloved, the one game i'd marry, AND THEY SCREWED THE SWIM CONTROLS OVER ARRRRRGH. like seriously game is freaking fantastic, immersive world, damn good plot, the sidequests all have an interlacing theme of the people of Termina and then boom you gotta waste all yer magic to swim like a zora.

@Caramel H Agitha am i right, christ they botched some of the character designs of TP, it felt medieval almost gothic in some characters and then others were just puffy mushrooms.

I know, thank you for agreeing with me lol. I love the zora mechanics, especially while swimming, but the magic really can ruin the fun.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Floor Masters in The Wind Waker, **** those guys.

Oh man those things are just genuinely creepy, why the hell are they attached to the floor? I preferred disembodied hands, not shadowy hands connected to pools of darkness in the floor. Why are they scarier in WW than in OOT or any other zelda game?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I honestly hate the Elegy of Emptiness in Majora's Mask. It was a cool idea but it was so tedious to play the song, set the statue, then switch masks, then play the song again, and so on and forth. It was super annoying and was my biggest issue with the entire Stone Tower section. I also ****ing despise Great Bay as a whole. I hated the Pirates Fortress, I hated Great Bay Temple, and I hate Gyorg.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I honestly hate the Elegy of Emptiness in Majora's Mask. It was a cool idea but it was so tedious to play the song, set the statue, then switch masks, then play the song again, and so on and forth. It was super annoying and was my biggest issue with the entire Stone Tower section. I also ****ing despise Great Bay as a whole. I hated the Pirates Fortress, I hated Great Bay Temple, and I hate Gyorg.

Love original gyorg but new gyorg is pure ass. I always like the fact you had to stop and consider whether the statue was going in the right spot when you play that song. But i can also understand why it'd be so goddamned frustating, akin to iron boots from the original OOT. Great could've been better i think, mostly the fact that it's such a narrow strip of coast you have to swim along so you don't really get much use outta zora's mask. I can't argue for the GBT being an aweosme life changing experience because i frequently get lost in there.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
TP is my favourite Zelda but I must say I don't like City in the Sky, the music of City in the Sky or the sky symbol quest leading up to City in the Sky. If those parts were not in the game it would be an even better game.

Oh man those things are just genuinely creepy, why the hell are they attached to the floor? I preferred disembodied hands, not shadowy hands connected to pools of darkness in the floor. Why are they scarier in WW than in OOT or any other zelda game?

They're definitely creepy but for mw the worst thing about them are their odd hit boxes and how thw worst thing you can do is combo them. You have to be careful and stab as to not jump too close and get pulled in, they're such a chore and in one particular dungeon theyre ****ing everywhere.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
They're definitely creepy but for mw the worst thing about them are their odd hit boxes and how thw worst thing you can do is combo them. You have to be careful and stab as to not jump too close and get pulled in, they're such a chore and in one particular dungeon theyre ****ing everywhere.

I just generally go in with skull hammer for forward smashes cuz it mashes their asses.

TP is my favourite Zelda but I must say I don't like City in the Sky, the music of City in the Sky or the sky symbol quest leading up to City in the Sky. If those parts were not in the game it would be an even better game.

I liked City in the sky but it wasn't memorable really, aside from being a sky city.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Love original gyorg but new gyorg is pure ass. I always like the fact you had to stop and consider whether the statue was going in the right spot when you play that song. But i can also understand why it'd be so goddamned frustating, akin to iron boots from the original OOT. Great could've been better i think, mostly the fact that it's such a narrow strip of coast you have to swim along so you don't really get much use outta zora's mask. I can't argue for the GBT being an aweosme life changing experience because i frequently get lost in there.
I get lost in GBT even with a guide lol

Also, I didn't count the 3DS Version of MM because I would consider the N64 version my favorite game, but if you were to consider both as the same entity I would also add that Gyorg's section on the Moon is a *****.

:eek: the sky symbol quest was my favourite part. I even turned the map off to make it last longer.

But what do you expect from someone who likes the Triforce Quest in Wind Waker....

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I get lost in GBT even with a guide lol

Also, I didn't count the 3DS Version of MM because I would consider the N64 version my favorite game, but if you were to consider both as the same entity I would also add that Gyorg's section on the Moon is a *****.

Honestly screw that section, 3DS version was hell.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
:eek: the sky symbol quest was my favourite part. I even turned the map off to make it last longer.

But what do you expect from someone who likes the Triforce Quest in Wind Waker....

Just picture me shaking my head in despair right now...

I liked City in the sky but it wasn't memorable really, aside from being a sky city.

There was nothing remarkable about it. It wasnt pretty or spooky or anything much, it was just there with its awful music. The whole place was a chore to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom