• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is your least favorite item?

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
There was no point to that slingshot, I think they just threw it in for the nostalgia. You use it to get some skulltulas off a wall and then you get the boomerang in the first dungeon then bow in the next one and never bother with it again.

HeroofScotland

The Anti-Social Kid
I suppose it was just weird how weak it got even though there should be MORE power put behind it when you're a somewhat adult opposed to when you're a child, and yet its a weaker item. Just didn't seem to make sense.
Maybe that's the reason Adult Link can't use it in OoT.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Deku Nuts.
Did anyone seriously use those things? I always had a full stack to be honest :/

I used those things a lot! Especially during the Dark Link battle (if you're skilled enough, you can actually stun him with Deku Nuts).

Anyways, the Beetle was the stupidest idea honestly. I hated that thing.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I'd say the slingshot or the whip (in SS). In my eyes the whip got really repetitive in SS, and they could have done so much more. There are probably more but I can't think of any at the moment.

There are many.

Boomerangs are hard to aim. Slingshots are useless once you get a bow or something similar.

The hammer in the Adventure of Link (old school, I know) was a pain to get, had limited use (only a handful of boulders to break) and was absolutely necessary to advance in the game. Also, immediately after you advance, you get a skill that makes it 100 times easier to get through the Death Mountain maze (downward thrust).

The Dominion Rod from TP seemed out of place. I liked the game overall but it seemed like there could have been a better way of doing that part than making statues walk.

In SS, I wasn't terribly fond of the whip or the Beetle.

It has to be the Deku Nuts from Ocarina of Time. These things are so useless, for both child and adult Link. I mean, has anyone ever used these for any reason, ever?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The Gale Boomerang from TP. It was almost completely useless compared to past incarnations of it. Not even useful past the first dungeon, aside from maybe a few exceptions in later puzzles. It mildly stuns enemies kind of for a little while, but I mostly just come at them with a sword, and flying enemies you can take out with arrows, so...yeah, kind of pointless. That and the slingshot from TP. Hated how useless it was.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I would have to say deku nuts, i never used the Telescope in WW, And the spinner is pretty useless other than the dungeon it it found in, no matter how freaking cool it is.

But im about to rant, and this is something i really just noticed last night. Lantern Oil. Twilight Princess started Utilizing Oil that you needed to fill you Lantern in order to use it. Meaning if you are stuck deep in a dungeon, and had just happened to forget to fill you up a bottle of lantern oil, and you have a simple torch puzzle in front of you, you grab your lantern, give her a swipe..... No Fire, No oil, not many ways to get oil, what do you have to do.... Leave the damn dungeon. As if someone though "hey what if we actually had to put oil in the Most Common LoZ Item, that way you have to have the oil to use this common item, That sounds fun!" that person needs a swift kick in the butt for even presenting the idea of Lantern Oil!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom