• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Job?

So what does everyone here do for there hard earned cash? What is the pay? How many hours do you work?

I work at a food place named Jeffereson's at the current time, I am a dishwasher, and when I work I am also the Helper Kitchen Manager. I am going to keep the pay a secret. But I work about 30 hours a week... Oh, actually about 30 hours a weekend, seeing that's the only time I have to actually do something besides school stuff.

I am currently unemployed. However, that should change, come October, when my local theater starts hiring. I really can't wait to earn my own money!

Claire

The Geekette
I, too, and unemployed at the current moment. In my town, the majority of the jobs hiring require employees to be 18 years or older. Since I'll be turning 18 in October, there is little reason to try for a new job now (when I'll quit once October comes around).

I'll be spending this month working though, non-profit, for a local shelter. I'll be walking dogs and use that volunteering experience for a college application. :)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've had many jobs over the years. I just got a new one, a part time deal through a job service that works with disadvantaged people. I haven't been there long yet, but so far, I like it.

At the moment, I'm a stablehand. I'm basically like a real life Malon. *Grin.* I work at a horse ranch mucking stables, changing out water and feeding horses.

It's smelly work, but much easier on my nerves than working retail ever was. I sometimes have to muck while a horse is still in its stall - if the animal is injured or it's too rainy to put them out in the field... I find it rather funny how I'm less frightened of working around a 1,000 + lb animal in an enclosed space than I am of talking to an irked retail customer. I'm seriously quite calm doing what I do. Then again, I've always got along better with animals than with most members of my own speices.

Well, right meow, I'm working at Little Caesars (pizza place), which kinda sucks, but it pays. Especially after having no job forever. Recently, they have told me that I need to shave my gotee off, and I have considered quitting (lulz), because I look completely ******** without it. But, I'll probably shave and go with it. Its about what you would expect from any fast-food restaurant, but we can make pizzas and get caught up, throw them in the warmer, and just set there if business is low at the time, which tends to happen a lot or hardly at all depending on the time and day.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I used to have some jobs, but now I only work in the holiday. I work at the personell and organisation department of Imtech where I put stuff into the employers files or type information in the computer file. It's quite a fun job and it pays good, so I'll try to keep working there every holiday :P

Last edited:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Well, I'm only 11 years old right now, so I have no current job. When I grow up I want to be an author though, because my love of writing. Though I'd probably have to get a job at a food store or gaming store before that just to get a little money. :) I don't know when I'll get my first job, maybe sometime near college, like when I'm 18 or 17. I can't wait. :D

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I have a degree in Biology, and as a herpetologist I want to work. But for the moment I work with(in) merchandaise (guess that´s what it´s called in english).

Life is strange indeed!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I hold various positions:

I work at GameStop. It's a pretty awesome job, save for dealing with non-gamers trying to buy games. Sometimes the people can be pretty rude or stupid, but hey, that's retain for you. I do enjoy being around other gamers all day, though, and I get lots goodies. I just got a buttload of free stuff yesterday... awesome. Plus, employee discount is always nice.

Seasonally and on commission, I work with both Capcom and SNK. Nothing impressive, just another member of different art teams. Maybe someday I'll get to be a big important character designer, but mostly I just get to work on menu designs and other random junk.

I'm also a stagehand/rigger. I get to put up shows for lots of people... Beyonce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bon Jovi, Metallica, etc. etc. It's pretty cool because I get to build stuff and watch the shows for free, but it's very strenuous work, and there's a lot of sexism from the men there. Sucks sometimes, but it's worth $23/HR.

I'm also trying to pick up a job as a secretary or helper or something in the government. Usually they'll give veterans a good job, and since I was Military Police, I'm thinking that I might be able to get a job taking care of MP dogs. I'd love to do that, especially since I want to become a veterinary technologist someday.

And every now and then I'm commissioned for artwork, graphics, web design, etc. I'm very busy and aaaaaalways working, but I still find time to mess around on the internet or go outside and enjoy life. You'd think that, with all the jobs I have, I'd have a lot of money. Unfortunately, bills bills bills. I'm still quite poor. :<

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The first day of school, and they give me a job. >.<

I work in the Language Labs as a monitor. So basically, I just make sure everyone is following the rules, and that they do their work.
I have only been there 2 days so far (then again, I only work 5 hours a week), but I guess it's not so bad. I can doodle, so I'm fine! :)

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I work as a monster at a haunted house. Seasonal work... so when it's not October, I'm very unemployed. :dry:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I'm unemployed at the moment. I do work seasonally though. In the Spring and Summer, I umpire for little league baseball. It's a lot of fun, for the most part. I also make a bit of money off of advertisements here at the website, but hardly enough to consider it a job.

I'm a full time graduate student at the moment, so that is where my time is. I might be getting a part-time job as a substitute teacher at my local middle school. That should be interesting if it pans out. (crosses fingers).

I suppose I'll have to wait at least another year and a half until I get my masters degree... of which then the scary world of a full time job would be near.

I work for the family business, primarily printing out and sending craploads of promotional material. It's boring but easy. I typically work from 9am to 4pm, but I can often relax somewhat during that period or put off the work until later in the day. Sometimes I work past 4 in order to get work done.

It doesn't pay particularly well. I get roughly 3.3% of our total profit. Sometimes it's good pay, sometimes it's bad. I make about 20$ a week on average (bad weeks being more like 10$ and good weeks being 30-40$). It's low, but I don't mind it so much since I'm helping out my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom