• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Job?

The only thing I do that could be considered a "job" would be helping out my family with a home-run publishing business. We have to print the books, put them together in the right order, etc, and then we hand-stitch them. I get paid a small amount, per hour, but it all depends on how many book orders were getting. We only really publish poetry/pros though, since my Dad is a poet.

Other than that, I'm only 14 now, so I won't be getting a normal job for a while yet. I have no idea of what I'd like to do when I get to that point, though. Being a writer is always an option, but I'd have to get really lucky to have anything published even if I got around to writing a book.

^ That actually sounds kinda cool, I'm sure its tedious work though (Like Mo from "Inkheart")

I am an Educational Aide at a school for Autistic children. The pay isnt that bad Starting wage is $10/hour ($8.00 being minimum wage in cali), and I work 30 hours a week, with breaks for Thanksgiving, christmas, or other federal holidays.

The work itself can be easy or hard depending on the behaviors of the kids that day. For example I had to seperate two boys today who are both a foot taller then me, and a whole lot stronger. If i didnt do something correctly then I, or one of them could have been severly hurt.

Most days are pretty calm though, we follow a routine schedule, the local resturants lets us take our kids there to work, and they feed them and us for free. UBER cool! You do have to get used to some pretty wierd stuff though. I like it ALOT!

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Unemployed for now...I'm on my last year of college/university (whatever you guys call it :D) so I'll be getting my degree in Architecture on July 2010 ..... hopefully I'll have a job by then :P

In the meantime I do 3D models and 3D redered images of houses, buildings and such ..... kind of a semi-job XD

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I have worked at a tourist/candy store for the past 3.5 years. It's annoying working retail, but I love my boss and my coworkers. Plus, it's perfect for my college schedule = I can work as little as I want. The pay is terrible. But it's a guaranteed job all year long, so I try not to complain too much. Once I finish my degree, I do plan on leaving as soon as I can, though.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
Currently jobless. The only place worth working at around here is our local grocery store, and they won't hire you unless you can work mornings and evenings.

As you can imagine, working there could lead to conflicts in schedule.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Currently jobless. The only place worth working at around here is our local grocery store, and they won't hire you unless you can work mornings and evenings.

As you can imagine, working there could lead to conflicts in schedule.

I really dislike jobs where the schedule changes so much from day to day. In the summer, my job has 2 shifts, with a 3 hour start time difference, and it always throws me off when I work at 2 different times. I can't imagine coming in at 7am one day and then 3pm the next or something.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I'm unemployed right now, but I'm a full time student. I'm looking to get a rotational internship sometime this winter so I will be able to fund my college and my living expense.

Your Job

Where do you work? Do you enjoy it? What are you future plans?

I'm a movie theater manager and I do quite enjoy it. I plan to be a teacher someday, though.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Currently I'm working part time as a computer lab proctor at Univ. of Texas
I'm required to be able to do basic stuff in a bunch of software, but most often I get questions like "How do I print from my computer?" or "It won't log in." to which I say "Did you type it wrong?" The answer is always yes...

And I'm going to school for architecture so ya. Future.

I work at a private school for Children with Autism. I am an educational Aide, I run their IEP goals with them, and help them learn. Its awesome.

When I am finished with School I hope to become an Occupational Therapist, its a long shot though. I've had many encounters with Anatomy that havent ended well.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I don't have a job I go to every day, I'm a student so if I do get paid for something it's usually the odd freelancing request every now and then... ;-;

I'm looking into seeing how I could make a much more steady income with my art though, I've sort of given up on getting a more "traditional' job until people actually start heiring again.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I work in a tourist/candy shop. Been working here since I started college, and the hours are incredibly flexible for my student schedule. I have a fantastic boss, and she will be the hardest part to leave when I find something else. When I am done with school, I plan to get a job either at one of the banks, or a smaller company doing bookkeeping or something related.

Austin

Austin
I volunteer/work at a local hospital when I can, usually on the weekends. I'm either helping out with administrative work or working in transportation moving patients, drugs, equipment, and whatever. I don't hate it or love it really, although I think I'm enjoying it more than any other job someone my age could get. As for my future plans, I don't have the slightest idea. I haven't even started applying to colleges yet, so I've got a while before I have to chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom