• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your GO-TO device?

My phone, hands down.

I usually have it with me, and since my laptop's battery is shot and the laptop is old, I just use my phone for most things these days. Not that I have much time to be surfing the internet lately anyway.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When I'm at home, I primarily use the family desktop. However, when that is in use, or I'm in bed, or I'm away somewhere, I'll use my laptop. Since the internet tends to be just a tad slower though since it's wireless (the desktop is wired), I prefer the desktop. It has a bigger screen, too.

I occasionally use my phone for internet while at work or in the car or somewhere else and I don't have my laptop handy, but I dislike the small screen and harsh loading times.

Before I got my laptop, my 3DS was what I used in its place.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I have several go-to devices in my life, depending on what I need.

When it comes to the internet, I prefer my laptop. I'm not a fan of being limited to only one thing at a time, which is why I was a really big hater of Windows 8 in the beginning, because of the app-view feature that made anything you opened either be fullscreen or not open at all. I'm a multitasker, so I tend to use half the screen for one browser window and another half for another browser window. Usually there's video running on one side, or a chat-window of some kind. I only go fullscreen when the site itself won't display properly in a smaller window or I need to concentrate on something in full.

Another reason I prefer my laptop is because it's so much easier and faster to type what I need, while on a tablet it's just a lot of mistakes I need to go back and fix because my finger was off by a millimeter. And my laptop is also where I have all my bookmarks and files, so it's really convenient to surf from it compared to other devices. And it's not really a big problem bringing a laptop with me if I need it, since I almost always have a backpack with me wherever I go. I just choose not to bring it along for day-to-day stuff, since my tablet works as a nice on-the-go alternative for when I'm out.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I only use my phone when I'm on my way somewhere and then I only check either important things or facebook a bit. But in general I prefer my laptop. The screen is way bigger and laptops never get old for me. I don't care for tablets at all. I tried it once and it is so not my thing. I'm oldfashioned and I prefer my laptop :D

I use a tablet sometimes, but it's super slow, so I do prefer my computer most of the time... and my IPhone is just tiny :(

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
If we're talking internet-wise, then it's my iPad Air and sometimes my WiiU gamepad. Otherwise, it's my Gamecube and 3DS.

Salem

SICK
I generally preferred my laptop, but lately I've been very busy, so I have been mostly using my iPhone during my break, not even at home.

I mostly use my phone for everything, it's just more convenient. I do use my PC though because there's just things you can't do on a phone, like type documents, effectively edit photos, ect. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom