• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your GO-TO device?

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
For surfing the interwebz, connectivity, etccc

I remember when having a home computer was this amazing new thing...now it seems that many could care less for a desktop/laptop and do everything from their phone.

How about you?
I'm curious.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I prefer to use my laptop. It's best for my needs and easiest for me to type on. I hate using my 3DS for internet stuff and I only use my iPod if I'm sitting downstairs or something and don't feel like going up to my room to use my laptop to check something.

Spacefiller

I have too many devices...I have several Linux microcomputers, a dell laptop that runs microsucks, Ipad, and my phone is S5.
I use them all, but some are more appropriate for particular tasks.

If I want to do some serious photo editing, like using photoshop, it's hard to do on anything besides an actual PC.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like to use my tablet for surfing the internet, if I have to I use my windows phone but It's annoying with such a small screen.

Sheik

:the:
If I had my own, my go-to device would be laptop. However, I can only use my brother's, and that's when he doesn't want to use it himself.

So, my go-to device is my iPad. It's all mine, and I can do everything I usually need to on it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I use my Gamepad for Internet surfing. In fact I'm on ZD with my Wii U right now.

キラ

Yo!
I like using my laptop for when going on forums, and I use my iPod for general web browsing and messaging.

Spacefiller

I also make my own devices....I am a hobbyist electronic engineer(emphasis on the "hobbyist")

16429878452_2c5f3bdd91_z.jpg

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
PC, definitely. I'll use my phone at times to check my e-mail or something like that but I use this for everything. Sorted out in-house streaming and that sort of thing so we use it to watch movies, TV catch-up, games, etc. Pretty much anything that needs doing.

So I pick my PC, Don. :) He's a good PC!

Spacefiller

You name your computers?
I had a computer with a name once, his name was Roboctopus....he was so cute. It was when I was dirt poor and so I took an old laptop with aracked screen. I took out the motherboard and wired all of the peripherals directly into it. One day I held it up and with all of the wires hanging it looked like an electronic octopus...he was dubbed ROBOCTOPUS from that day onward.

Roboctopus finally died in 2009
R.I.P.

PC, definitely. I'll use my phone at times to check my e-mail or something like that but I use this for everything. Sorted out in-house streaming and that sort of thing so we use it to watch movies, TV catch-up, games, etc. Pretty much anything that needs doing.

So I pick my PC, Don. :) He's a good PC!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Phone or tablet.

I'm a big fan of convenience and mobility when it comes to technology and computers and laptops kind of limit that in a way. For one, I've never been a fan of PCs since you have to sit in one place for ages looking at a screen, whereas on my phone or tablet I can use it on the go or when I'm chilling.

Laptops are in the middle ground and I do own one, I just rarely use it. I have all my music, apps, pictures etc. on both my phone and tablet and searching the Internet is actually a lot easier I find. As for when I need it for stuff like studying, I bought an app for that and it's surprisingly good. Overall though, I've just never been big on laptops and PCs, something always seems to go wrong, I hate being stuck in one place when using them and I guess I'm just not a big computer guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom