• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is Your Favorite Zelda Sword?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Golden sword from A Link to the Past.
golden-sword.png

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Master Sword, because I am boring and obvious. Still, it's always a *****in' awesome scene whenever you finally get it, especially if you have to make it yourself like in SS and WW.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Master Sword is the obvious choice, but I'd have to give the Razor Sword an honorable mention.

Razor_Sword.png

It's just so badass! Don't think it would be practical to have to seperate blade pieces smithed together in real life, but it looks awesome.

The upgrade however is the worst Zelda sword ever

Gilded_Sword.png

I mean come on? You couldn't come up with something better than this sparkly, colourfull sword Nintendo? I think they used magic shrooms when they designed this blade. Worst. Sword. Ever!

Mmmh, tough choice. I'm thinking probably either the Master Sword--especially as it appears in A Link to the Past, and the Goddess White Sword from Skyward Sword.

The former, even though it ended up being a sort of prototype design for the Master Sword in later games, is easily favorite sword in the series. I often refused to upgrade my sword after obtaining the Master Sword in A Link to the Past, out of sheer adoration for the blade (note that I held to this in my first and only playthrough of A Link Between Worlds, but it didn't carry the same meaning to me). I liked the red hilt, and usually just like to say that it's probably just oxidized or something of the like, due to constant exposure to the forces of nature for many generations. Maybe it's because of that aspect of age, but I could just tell that it was legendary from its appearance.

And despite its age and weathered blade, it gleams in the face of darkness and slays fell monsters--carving its path to fulfill its legacy in every swing. Just the emphasis on the fact that it had been inert for generations, probably covered in layers of foliage in some way or another... for it to awaken and still possess the very power that makes it legendary. The other iterations of the sword really don't express that too much, in my opinion. Of course, it's the same sword, but... A Link to the Past's Master Sword will always be my favorite. (On a side note, I actually did not know about the Master Sword having a blue hilt for the longest time. I thought it was the Phantom Sword because the Master Sword was only known to me having a red hilt. I got really funny looks from my friend Unbinilium for that, hahaha.)

The latter is more of a visual liking than anything. I just wanted to mention it, because, well, it's pretty. And I did really like the White Sword from the first game, and kind of felt the Goddess White Sword played a little homage to it. Plus we don't get too much variation in the color palettes of the swords much these days, so it was a nice little mix-up, considering that, like, every other sword in Skyward Sword had a dull greyish ivory blade, and some variation of blue as its hilt. And then there was the Master Sword, which was just an oversaturated hell.

Fig

The Altruist
When it comes to my favorite sword in the Zelda series I really love the Master Sword in general. It's the iconic item in the Zelda franchise and the description of the sword is just so amazing to read: "The Blade of Evil's Bane", the small text always gives me goosebumps every time I read it because it is such a great feeling to finally obtain the series's sacred weapon to take down the evil that is dwelling within the land that Link must save. One of my favorite version of the Master Sword is the one from the Wind Waker. The fact that you personally had to unlock the true potential of the Master Sword by completing both the Earth and Wind Temples in be strong enough to take down Ganondorf once and for all!

Another sword in the Zelda series that I really enjoyed utilizing was the Phantom Sword from Phantom Hourglass. This sword can only be forged with the Phantom Hourglass and the three Pure Metals: Crimsonine, Azurine, and Aquanine. Forging the Phantom Sword using the main item of the game was breathtaking for me to witness on my first time playing the game. The Phantom Sword is also the only sword that can deal damage to the evil being Bellum and it really was interesting to see the sacred sword be used in combat! Much like the Lokomo Sword that Az stated earlier, I personally love the design of the Phantom Sword! It really looks very similar to the Master Sword and I just really love the way how it looks when you finally obtain the sacred sword in the game! ^^
Phantom_Sword.png

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
The upgrade however is the worst Zelda sword ever

Gilded_Sword.png

I mean come on? You couldn't come up with something better than this sparkly, colourfull sword Nintendo? I think they used magic shrooms when they designed this blade. Worst. Sword. Ever!

What in the world are you talking about? That sword is AWESOME! Its one of my favorites! Its almost as big as child Link for goodness sakes! XD

Only thing that could be better is the Great Fairy's Sword, but its obnoxious to get and requires two hands so...bleh, no thank you. I love the Gilded Sword! It looks amazing and has an awesome range, about as good as the Master Sword. My question is where Link got the Razor Sword in the first place...shouldn't he have the Kokiri Sword? Or no sword at all for that matter?

But meh, I'm looking too far into it. The Master Sword is pretty cool and all, but I love it when Nintendo tries with other cool sword types and looks. The golden look of the Gilded Sword is absolutely stunning, imo.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
What in the world are you talking about? That sword is AWESOME! Its one of my favorites! Its almost as big as child Link for goodness sakes! XD

Only thing that could be better is the Great Fairy's Sword, but its obnoxious to get and requires two hands so...bleh, no thank you. I love the Gilded Sword! It looks amazing and has an awesome range, about as good as the Master Sword. My question is where Link got the Razor Sword in the first place...shouldn't he have the Kokiri Sword? Or no sword at all for that matter?

But meh, I'm looking too far into it. The Master Sword is pretty cool and all, but I love it when Nintendo tries with other cool sword types and looks. The golden look of the Gilded Sword is absolutely stunning, imo.

Meh, I never really liked it. Swords shouldn't be colourfull like this. The blade itself should always be steel colored in my opinion. Looks better I guess. They can go crazy on the hilt, but the blade should be normal. But I do encourage Nintendo to experiment more with swords. And yes, you are right, the Great Fairy Sword was even worse. Very powerfull though.

Biggoron Sword and Giant's Knife; random Gorons make them, twice as effective as the Master Sword.

キラ

Yo!
My favorite sword is the Biggoron's Sword. I'm a big fan of really long swords, so that's the main reason. And it's so strong and looks so cool. To me.

Receiving_Biggoron%27s_Sword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom