• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Town in the Zelda Series

There are a lot of towns introduced in the Zelda series, and it's about time we look back on all of them and choose our favorites.

My top three are:

1.) Clock Town
2.) Ordon Village
3.) The Town of the Minish

Mido

Version 1
Windfall Island remains my favorite in the series, and it is a large part of where my enjoyment of WW is rooted. The island, despite its small size, has a life to it greater than many other locations in the series. The great majority of the residents stand out uniquely from the rest, and the shops, businesses, and locales all have a ton of character. Others that I would throw into my hat of favorites would include Kakariko Village (TP), Rito Village (BOTW), Castle Town (OOT), and Anouki Village (ST).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Windfall Island remains my favorite in the series, and it is a large part of where my enjoyment of WW is rooted. The island, despite its small size, has a life to it greater than many other locations in the series. The great majority of the residents stand out uniquely from the rest, and the shops, businesses, and locales all have a ton of character. Others that I would throw into my hat of favorites would include Kakariko Village (TP), Rito Village (BOTW), Castle Town (OOT), and Anouki Village (ST).

HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE THE TOWN OF MIDO, YOU ARE NAMED AFTER IT!

Clock Town is number one.

After that, in no real order: Windfall, Hateno, Gerudo Town, Kakariko(OoT) are the ones that come to my mind immediately.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I dig ⓵ Windfall Island, such a cool place to chill. Warm and inviting with frinedly and mysterious people. Romance at night, with such a large moon.

I actually really really find the village of ⓶ Nabooru in AoL quite encaptivating. I know graphically it doesn't do much, but maybe that's why I like it. I find it simple yet mysterious - and and those mysteries are easily jumped into. Just uncovering such a simple village with simple people and simple nature (graphics)...and realizing it's actually an important place. Yeah. Makes the mundane beautiful and forced to realize it's all worthwhile.

PLUS, you can't tell how big a village is in AoL when you first explore it! So it makes it that much more fun.

TAoL_Nabooru_Town_Sign.png

What am I thinking!? I forgot about ⓷ Mabe Village in LA! I love this village because it FEELS so vulnerable and open! :( Sad! I MUST be there in order to protect it! :( (and don't forget the sad little Library down below...all alone) ...feels....

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Clocktown, no doubt. I wish ninty would make another heavily simulated space like that again. Exploring all the nooks and crannies and the personal spaces of the residents is a large part of MM's charm. Clocktown is a character unto itself but it's the people living there that bring it to life. Clocktown is one of the most well realized spaces in the Zelda series. It's a shame ninty will never do anything like it ever again.

Ocarina of Time's Kakariko Village left a big first impression on me. It has character too but unlike Clocktown which derives its character from its inhabitants, Kakariko's character stems from its atmosphere. I've always been impressed how the ambiance of the village changes from day to night and how so many little details change based on the time of day. The town's historical connections to the Shiekah are intriguing and all the village's hidden secrets are endlessly fascinating - from the enigmatic graveyard to the skultulla house to the freaking murder dungeon with the ungodly monstrosity in the basement existing just beneath the surface of this quaint, seemingly idyllic little hamlet.

I love entering the village at just the right time so the sun stops just above the horizon so that it shines past the windmill when you're in the graveyard. Sublime.

There are a lot of disappointments in the Zelda series, unfortunately. Ocarina of Time's Castle Town is kind of a letdown for its small size and static camera angels. It's sorta expected, however, due to the nature of the hardware and the fact that the town is a simple motte and bailey castle that doesn't have much room for expansion beyond its walls. It still has plenty of its own charm and character and I like how it is used to make a stark and sudden impression to express the extreme peril facing Hyrule after the 7 years turning point.

Twilight Princess's Castle Town is the real let down. By that time the town should have been an expansive sprawling place. Instead we get a confusing labyrinth of narrow back alleys from fixed camera angels with nothing to see or do except run through them. TP's Kakariko is another letdown for me. I would have preferred it to remain the quintessential medieval hamlet instead of going with the wild west ghost town aesthetic, but that's a matter of preference. It still lacks all the wonder and intrigue and atmosphere of its predecessor though. It's virtually uninhabited and doesn't really have anything interesting going on. It is, in a word, lame.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's hard to say because there are so many great towns in Zelda games. But so far it is probably a tie between Clock Town and Windfall Island. I love the activity going on and how much you can do and explore in these towns.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Rito Village - Breath of the Wild

I'm such a weakie for those kinds of towns and villages where the lights are all dim and romantic. Could just stay in that town for a full 24-hour cycle and just stare. Also I just love, love, love the Rito designs. That lady that has like a 60-s (I think?) female hairstyle in her feathers is just ace!! And I like that the song theme is actually a rework of the Dragon Roost Island theme, and that it gets more and more added and layered the more you complete of the Kass quest. I know there's really not much stuff to DO there, but I just love hanging out for the serenity of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom