• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Thing to Name Link?

C

CWP

So this answer can certainly differ between games. Depending on what social situations Link gets in what you name him can become quite funny. Personally I enjoy naming him after a variety of comic book superheros, popular movie characters, book characters, or other video game characters.

Here are some names I have used:

Batman - This makes scenes when a character screams "save me batman!" hillarious

Wayne or Bruce - This is for Skyward Sword because Fi always calls you master. So every time she pops up it's master wayne. yes Alfred?

T-1000 - Funny especially for the N64 games because of the time travel. It also gives me the chance to talk back to my tv in an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.

Gandalf - In twilight princess you can name Epona and so its the most fun to name her an abbreviated form of Shadowfax

Doctor - I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I am 903 years old and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives, and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

What are some of the names you like to use?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i'm really unimaginative so i usually go for either my name or Link. may use ***balls one time, just for the fun of it

Starleap

Canadian Girl
It depends on the game. For OOT I usually name him whatever I feel like. From Hedley, to K.Kazma and I think I even called him Link once or twice.

In TP I call him Lordin most of the time. Cause Lordin is Hebrew for Noble Wolf. Irony right? XD

In SS I called him Fang, but I wanted to be more creative with it, but for me, I loved it. :)

I always name him Link... i dont know why,but it'd be weird for him to be named anything else.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I always use the name Link for any Zelda game. There's no point in any other name, really since that IS his name afterall.

One guy played through OoT and named him F*ck me, which was quite humerouse when he went intio the ice cavern and Navi said F*ck me, its cold in here!

Other than the default, Link, I usually go with "Blue". As in Blue Link. If you were a member on the forum two years ago, you might recall my avatar being of Blue Toon Link. Though it's my second-favorite color--red being my first, I think that Link looks really good in a blue tunic. Though, it's slightly pointless in games where Link only has the one green tunic.

Another name, not as frequent, though some older files in games will have it, is my own name, Amanda. I just didn't need to hear Ganon in Ocarina of Time say to me, "CURSE YOU... AMANDA!" :kawaii: So I kind of dropped the whole using my own name thing.

You'd think I'd name him "nerm", right? xP

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You'd think I'd name him "nerm", right? xP

You mean you don't?! D: *let down*

Whenever I don't name Link "Link", I usually name him "Alphonse". That is my favorite name, and when playing through the games, it just seems to really suit him. I don't know, maybe it's just me... But whether it is or not, the fact remains that I like to name him Alphonse sometimes.

When I was a kid I gave him my own name... But when I got older I started naming him Link and still do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom