• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite thing about Your Least Favorite Zelda Game?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Despite my utter contempt for Skyward Sword, I do appreciate its art style. Since the Wii was effectively two Gamecubes taped together, it wasn't a graphical powerhouse. Most Wii games pale in comparison even to early Xbox 360 and PS3 games, but Skyward Sword' art style is still pleasant to look at despite the game's severe limitations.

This isn't about my least favourite Zelda game (by far) but I wanted to express this opinion and couldn't find a more appropriate thread.
I'm re-playing Ocarina of Time at the moment and I have really been struck by how much I love the pre-rendered backgrounds. Particularly places like the entrance and alleyways in Castle Town and outside the Temple of Time. They look quite realistic but still with a charming quality, I wish they could have made a whole game in that style. I'll attach a picture so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• Back_Alley.png
    Back_Alley.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I think Zelda II is bad. I don't think anything about it is good.
Nothing? Not the expansive map layout? The introduction of towns and named characters? The enemy variety? The boss difficulty? The soundtrack? The artwork on the title screen? The slight complexity of the magic system? The expansion to the lore and the introduction of the Triforce of Courage? Nothing?

ArchAngel217

Spoonman, come together with your hands, save meee
In your head, in your head. Zombie zombie zombie.
Nothing? Not the expansive map layout? The introduction of towns and named characters? The enemy variety? The boss difficulty? The soundtrack? The artwork on the title screen? The slight complexity of the magic system? The expansion to the lore and the introduction of the Triforce of Courage? Nothing?
Nothing.

cdf6e652bf.png

Team Cherry and Hollow Knight wouldn't exist if Zelda II didn't exist.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I dont believe in giving games credit for their time
There are better games than zelda 2 that are older and still relevant games today
The spells are justifiable though

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Skyward Sword has vaulting over moblin shields and I'm still hoping they make a full mechanic out of that. Oh, and Twilight Princess had that one quest before the city in the sky where you look for seals under statues or something like that, I don't remember. I find late game fetch quests relaxing and that one also felt shorter than Wind Waker's (...or at least I remember it that way?) which meant it was also a nice palette cleanser for the dungeon afterwards. At least on paper.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I think Demise is cool in Skyward Sword. Other than that it is Zelda, I cannot think of much else I personally liked about Skyward Sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom