• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite NonZelda Game?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
The Chrono series, some Sonic games, Mario Galaxy, Shadow of the Colossus, Goldeneye 007, Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Fire Emblem, Star Wars Battlefront II....

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I'd have to say The Elder Scrolls series. Games that take you weeks to finish, not a couple days. They're awesome. The best roll playing games I've ever played. Huge game worlds help. I might just say they're better than the Zelda series.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
The best survival-horror game ever, and one of the best action-adventures. Smooth controls, a captivating story that spans centuries, a likable protagonist... and the Sanity effects, of course. Whenever one of your player characters sees a monster, witnesses horrible things or kills an innocent, they lose sanity. Once the bar is low enough, you experience weird things. The camera angle is askew, blood is dripping from the walls or out of paintings, you hear crying, whispering and other sounds, your character has hallucinations like enemies, ammunition or other things that aren't really there, and every now and then, the game messes with you, the player. It might mute the sound or display a message that you need to plug in the controller (while monsters on-screen seem to be attacking your character), it might pretend to delete all of your save files or cut to a Windows bluescreen of death. Ingenious. And in desperate need of a 3DS remake and/or sequel.

I agree 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself.

One of my top favorite games would have to be Splinter Cell Conviction. The game is just so genius and makes you feel like a badass when you execute certain things. Sam Fisher is back and he couldn't be anymore pissed off. The level design is amazing, every level can be played differently each time around according to how you choose to take out the enemies. The mark and execute feature is also one of the best things in this game. You mark as many enemies as the gun lets you and if in site you automatically kill those enemies in slow mo with a press of a button. You could only attain the mark and execute ability by getting an adrenaline rush from a hand to hand take down. The game is just so clever in it's gameplay and has one of the most unique control schemes for it's type of game. The controls are different from what you'd expect but it just works so perfectly. The game also has so much content. You have a fun co-op campaign and an amazing single player campaign. It also has some other fun co-op modes. Protect an EMP device for as many waves of enemies as you can, take out all the enemies with being detected, etc. and you can also get competitive by eliminating the most enemies and by eliminating the other player in another mode. Splinter Cell Conviction has everything you can possibly want in a game.

Last edited:
H

Honey Pie

Oh my gosh, so many awesome games to choose from. I guess, any of the Smash Brothers games.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
At the moment? inFAMOUS. People hear me talk about it all the time, I was really impressed with the first one. Not only do I LOVE being a superhero in a game, but the story was incredibly well thought out. Want to get the second one so badly but have things I need to take care of first.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I've got a few favorite non-Zelda titles that I would wish to share with you all, and they're quite good ones.

Portal 2
Where to start off with this game? It's a really good title, with great overhauls in comparison to the first title in terms of character development and gameplay. Some of the puzzles are quite tricky, but then when your mind opens up, you find the solution, just like a Professor Layton or Zelda puzzle.

Professor Layton Series
This is a really great series, for it's got a great story to it, the FMVs and anime styling are always a pleasure to watch, the stories are quire impressive, and the puzzles always keep me thinking on my feet. I doubt there's any other puzzle game like it...well, besides Portal 2, but it doesn't have an anime style.

Super Mario Galaxy
I confess, this has to be the best platformer I've ever played. It really changed how platformers and video games are played, especially with the gravity and the planet system. Every time I play it, it feels like a new and refreshed experience because of how fun the game plays. Granted, it has a lack of story, but the gameplay and sound track greatly make up for it.

Honorable Mentions
Some honorable mentions here are Half-Life 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Team Fortress 2 for their innovative gameplay styles and (excluding TF2) the story. Music is always a pleasure to listen to, but the top game for me will always be Ocarina of Time.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
My favourite game PERIOD is Banjo-Kazooie. Goodness. I love the music, the collectible, the characters, the levels... just everything. I try to fathom how I used to hate the game (when I was 10 I got it for Christmas, and I bawled, because I hated the game). The game is also nostalgic for me, and when I start a new game it doesn't get stale - it's still just as exciting as it was before.
The only difference now is that I'm better at the game than I used to be. Maybe I'll go play it a little bit now....

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Resident Evil
This game is really good, I played RE4 but died before I could make it to the village.
Star Fox
The gameplay's amazing, the music is great, great graphics, enough said.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. So, probably Final Fantasy X. I've also played a lot of Metroid, but Final Fantasy definitely seals the deal. I mean, not over Zelda, but it's just incredibly written. (imo)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it's the game i love most of the Sonic Franchise and i smile everytime i play it, even the feeling of playing it on an emulator feels amazing it's just cosmic to me

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It is a tough question and I do not know what to say, I guess Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros 2 & God of War III could be some good candidates. But my memory is not the most impressive in this world so I guess it could be something else that I enjoyed even more.

(At least I tried to give an answer, actually gave one :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom