• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favorite music album?

Slow Riot For New Zerø Kanada - Godspeed You Black Emperor!

dd6e01b96b.jpg

While I absolutely love all of Godspeed's stuff, this album has always stood out to me. It's essentially one long orchestral piece divided into two major movements (Moya and BBF3) and then many minor movements reflecting the tone of the interview in the second half of the album. Since discovering Godspeed about 7 or so years ago, I've still not found a band that convey emotion and an enormous range of feelings and situations through instrumentation the way Godspeed can. Each album is like its own story.

Last Scream Of The Missing Neighbors - Jello Biafra with D.O.A.

e9d6301d59.jpg

This album always amazes me in how detailed and accurate its criticism of modern society and the US government and global terrorism is, as well its prediction of current events. Imagine the hardcore/punk equivalent of Noam Chomsky and you have the general idea.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
Beyond the Sea by Dark Moor

Definitely a step up from their previous album 'The Dark Moor' which wasn't all that good, but this album is amazing with songs like Miracles, the Silver Key, Green Eyes and Vivaldi's Winter.

Master of the Moon by Dio

The best Dio album next to Magica, this album uses Dio's style in an amazing way despite having 2 songs I don't like on it while Magica has only 1 I dislike. Highlights include: Master of the Moon, Shivers, Living the Lie, I Am, and In Dreams.

Ensiferum by Ensiferum

Even though the're more songs I love off of Unsung Heroes this album has some songs I think are some of the best songs ever made like: Old Man, Abandoned, Windrider and Eternal Wait

Korven Kuningas by Korpiklaani

Korven Kuningas has some of the best Korpiklaani songs, even though Tales Along this Road has some great songs, this album has so many songs that are amazing! such as: Keep on Galloping, Paljon on Koskessa Kivia, Ali Jaisten Vetten, Kipumylly, Suden Joiku and Gods on Fire (THE best song ever made)

Wintersun by Wintersun

Despite having 1 song I don't like this album has some amazing songs and Jari definitely makes it even better. Highlights include: Beyond the Dark Sun, Death and the Healing (close to Gods on Fire), Starchild, Beautiful Death, and Sadness & Hate.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've been listening extensively to Muse's The Resistance lately, but I'm not sure if I can call that my favourite album as Avenged Sevenfold's Waking the Fallen still holds that spot. The Resistance definitely has some amazing songs, and it's probably my favourite album to stream atm.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like too much music :> This might not even be all of it XD

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg

Linkin Park - Meteora

MeteoraLP.jpg

Slipknot - Vol 3: (The Subliminal Verses)

Slipknot_-_Vol._3-_%28The_Subliminal_Verses%29.jpg

A Day To Remember - Homesick

AdaytorememberHOMESICK.jpg

A Day To Remember - What Separates Me From You

ADTR_WSMFY.jpg

Infant Annihilator - The Palpable Leprosy of Pollution

a1497857431_2.jpg

Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree

Fall_Out_Boy_-_From_Under_the_Cork_Tree_-_CD_album_cover.jpg

Panic! at the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out

PanicAtTheDisco-FeverCover.jpg

Chelsea Grin - Ashes To Ashes

Chelsea_Grin_Ashes_to_Ashes.jpg

System of a Down - Mesmerize

Mezmerize-LP.jpg

Nirvana - In Utero

In_Utero_%28Nirvana%29_album_cover.jpg

Korn - Follow the Leader

Korn_follow_the_leader.jpg

Disturbed - Believe

Disturbed_Believe.jpg

They Might Be Giants - Flood

Flood_album_cover.jpg

Attila - Rage

Attila_Rage.jpg

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to the King

A7XHailtotheKing.png

Whitechapel - A New Era of Corruption

ANewEraofCorruption.jpg

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Basically a tie between Elton John's early '70s' albums, all 4 of Simple Plan's albums, and Panic! at the Disco's Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!

fairyfountain

bros before poes
I have so many,but here are the first few that come to mind...

Radiohead - OK Computer

fd08d3d60d7c485b72f0e7116690f84be3e73e8d.jpg

This is probably one of my all time favorite albums as it's helped me a lot throughout my battle with depression.

Daft Punk - Discovery
MI0002132826.jpg

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Gorillaz_Demon_Days.PNG

Utada Hikaru - Deep River

610px-deep_river.jpg

Imogen Heap - Speak For Yourself

Imogen_Heap_-_Speak_For_Yourself.jpg

Goodnight and Go has over 100 plays on my itunes,in case you needed an idea of just how much I love this woman's music.

Purity Ring - Shrines

purity-ring-shrines.jpg

Bjork - Vespertine

BjorkVespertine.jpeg

Tyler The Creator - Wolf

Wolf_Cover2.jpg

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Wow, this is like choosing which child i would save if put in the position. But here goes, there are a few.

Tool - Opiate
Thrice - Beggars
Coheed and Cambria - No World For Tomorrow (this was a really hard choice to choose one album by Coheed...like really hard)
Lagwagon - a tie between Let's Talk About Feelings and Hoss
Tim Barry - Manchester
Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary
Lawrence Arms - Buttsweat and Tears *lol (which is just an lp so not an album) sooo... how bout this
Lawrence Arms - Oh Calcutta
Bayside - The Walking Wounded
A Perfect Circle - The Thirteenth Step
AFI - Black Sails in a Sunset..... Or maybe Art of Drowning
ALEXISONFIRE - Watch Out!
Pearl Jam - Ten
Green Day - Dookie (actually the first CD I ever bought after Cassette Tapes died out...yeah Cassette Tapes are not just Urban Legend ;) )

You guys, this could go on forever so I will just stick with those, as they are the more recent ones I love. 30 years is a long time to be deciding on just a few albums that have given me much joy over the years. However I will throw in a couple Guilty Pleasure albums real quick:

Tenacious D - Tenacious D
Panic! at the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
All Eminem (the reason this in my Guilty Pleasure section is cuz in my circle of friends he is not real popular but I love the guy)

Okay I'm done cuz I'm still thinking of a billion other albums that deserve to be on this list!

Probably my #1 favorite would be Sinner by Drowning Pool. Such a great album.

Other honorable mentions include:

The Black Waltz by Avatar
The Drug in Me is You by Falling in Reverse
The Fall of Ideals by All That Remains
Lux by Gemini Syndrome

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
New one.

To Pimp a Butterfly - Kendrick Lamar

I've never listened to an album and gave it this much praise so early since Frank Ocean's Channel Orange. I'd encourage any music fan to at least check out this album. You don't need to be a hip hop fan to enjoy this, it transcends genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom