• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Museum?

magiclink

Shinigami
I am well aware there are several museums out there, but just this week I have seen several museums such as the Holocaust which is my favorite so far... what is your favorite?
~ magiclink

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I was just in DC actually and I have to say that, while it wasn't a museum per-say, the National Archives are amazing!

Specifically Museum, then I'd go with the National Air and Space Museum, the Native American Museum, or the National Art Gallery (especially with the Art of Video Games exhibit).

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
My favorite museum I have visited was the Van Gogh in Amsterdam. I also like the Smithsonian in DC.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Holocaust Museum, hands down.

The emotional tug and pull within this museum is inevitable for anyone who visits it. All museums are meant to display the past, but this museum covers one of the most corrupted, twisted and cruel times in the world's history; to think that it only happened 70+ years ago is just heart-wrenching enough, yet I cannot even imagine living in that era and hearing about the Holocaust at the time. I would recommend this museum to everyone - delve deep into history, and rather than hear about what happened back then, feel it.

My favorite museums would have to be MOSI (Museum of Science and Industry) and the South Florida Museum. I went to MOSI when I was little, and it was amazing!!! So many exhibits about so many things!!! The South Florida museum is also a great place to learn about the state's history and prehistory. And you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO GO SEE SNOOTY THE MANATEE!!! He's just SO cute and an amazing animal!! I went there a lot with my parents when I was a kid, and loved every trip. Sadly, I don't live in Florida anymore, so I don't have the opportunity to go to those museums anymore.... Maybe one day when time permits.

Lord_Cathaseigh

Like a sir.
I live near a MOSH, but MOSI is 10x better. My favorite so far would be the Cincinatti Museum; there's just so much stuff!

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I like the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, Tennesee. It's pretty cool.

Mine would be the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, the Natural History Museum in London and the Imperial War Museum.

The first two are pretty similar in theme, but I prefer the Oxford NHM over the London NHM because it is considerably calmer, and with more interesting specimens (especially dinosaur skeletons! :cool:). The London NHM is bigger and has a lot more, yet it is busier, and I once went there to see the new dinosaur exhibition, but there was a two-hour queue leading into there! Heck, that was a nightmare (worth it, though).

The IWM has lots of interesting exhibits, my faves being the Holocaust exhibition (it teaches you about the Holocaust in vivid detail) and the two live exhibits on the Trenches of WWI and the London Blitz of WWII (you enter them and get a realistic sense of what it was like in these environments!

Coming at a close fourth is the British Museum. I would also include the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in Paris and the American Natural History Museums, once I have visited them.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I like the Field Museum of Natural History. Also, The Museum of Science and Industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom