• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Location in Twilight Princess

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is inspired by a Shoutbox convo last night. Twilight Princess was the first 3D Zelda game that really felt like it had varying geographic locations set in Hyrule. There are quite a bit of cool locations in the game, and I'm wondering which is your favorite? Imagine you were in Link's shoes in Twilight Princess' Hyrule, where is your scenic chill spot?

Maybe you'd hang out in one of the Hot Springs with the Gorons? Go sledding with Yeto? Or hang out a top the Zora's Domain waterfall as you watch the sun set? I'm interested to hear everyone's thoughts!

Mido

Version 1
I'm on team Fishing Hole for this one. Very few areas in the series evoke such a serene feeling, which is even further amplified by the changing of seasons in the area (although I guess on one hand its a bit of a whiplash when no other area changes seasons in the game :sweat: ). It is a place where the player can just kick back and relax without worrying about the state of Hyrule; enjoying the calming waters and fishing to one's content whether you're on your own or fishing with the help of the friendly gal inside the fishing hut!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Snowpeak, which may sound contradictory since some people here know my thoughts on winter but hear me out. Snowpeak is one of the quietest and most beautiful areas of the game, with a nice soundtrack to hold it together. The Yetis are the best characters in the game, Snowpeak Ruins is the best dungeon in the game, and the skier in me just loves to imagine being able to race Yeto and Yeta down the trail. It's a real shame this area is only important for one part of the game, it had so much potential.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Snowpeak Ruins is the best dungeon in the game
I definitely agree with that
to race Yeto and Yeta down the trail
This is a great minigame.
I'm still working on this minigame Yeta always overtakes me in the end.

Though I did like the second half of the snow peak , I didn't like the part before Yeto where you have to walk.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Whew~ Man, what a thread! Twilight Princess features the best locations in the whole series. Choosing an answer is gonna be hard...

Lake Hylia, Zora's Domain and Snowpeak are great answers! I just wish there was more to Snowpeak. Snowpeak Ruins is an awesome location.

Eldin Field is impressive, lying there beneath the imposing caldera of Death Mountain with its astounding panoramic view, massive crevasses, distant wooded field, mysterious ruins and of course the majestic Eldin Bridge. It also features a surreal view of Hyrule Castle encased in its golden barrier. A nice little touch I always admired was the solitary mine shaft in the distant inaccessible cliffs across the crevas that delves into the bowls of Death Mountain. It lends a sense of interconnectedness between the lands of Hyrule that is woefully absent from much of the series but that is very prevalent in Twilight Princess.

But if I had to pick one location, it would have to be the forest. It is a lost otherworldly place seeped in atmosphere. Just being there, anyone can get the feeling of some sort of connection to a long forgotten past. Being there feels like standing all alone on the edge of time itself. Somehow, the forest seems steeped in Hyrule's history. And, of course, it is the forgotten resting place of the legendary Temple of Time and the Blade of Evil's Bane. The furthest reaches of the forest, the Lost Woods and Temple of Time feel like no other being - save for the enigmatic Skull Kid - has tread foot there in ages.

It is a mystical, alien local that at the same time feels uncannily familiar.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So in the OP I didn't answer my own question, because it's honestly so hard for me to choose. But after some thought I recalled my fave spot!

Zora's Domain is it for me, hands down - but I actually have a specfic area there that I could end up staying at for long periods of time. Near the top of the waterfall there is a stair case blocked by a boulder, once you bomb past it and follow the path down there is a ledge with these amazing pillers, and multiple small water streams flow down laden with the sparkles of the sun or moon light. It's positively beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom