• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Favorite Gym Badge In-Game?

In order to qualify for a region's Pokémon League, Trainers need to collect a certain number, usually eight, of Gym Badges. Out of the total 42 Gym Badges in the Main Pokémon Game Series, which badge's design is your favorite in-game?

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
My favorite on the top of my head is the Rain Badge, the last gym badge you get in the Hoenn League(which, by the way, NEEDS a remake, GameFreak!)
Rain Badge.jpg
Not only do I like it because its a huge easter egg of the Triforce, but it also symbolizes victory against the hardest gym type-wise for me. 95% of the time, I play through the game with Mudkip and never having to item spam or rage quit with any of the gym leaders, since once you evolve it into a water/ground type, it doesn't have any weaknesses to any of the type of gym leaders. However, its tough when you put water & water together, plus a Recover-spamming Milotic, and a Water Pulse spammer that seems to ALWAYS confuses you when it hits AND a freaking Seadra with Dragon as its only weakness! I always have an electric or grass type to back me up, but sometimes that isn't even enough.

My favorite design for a gym badge would have to be the mineral badge:

Mineral_Badge.png

I mean, it has such a plain design that cannot be beaten by any other badge. Even I would love to hand out the Mineral badge to trainers.

Anywho, my (real) favorite badge design would have to be the Thunder Badge given to you by Lt. Surge.

Thunder_Badge.png

I really like the star design of the Thunder Badge plus the vibrant colors on the badge. ^^

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I really like a lot of the badge designs, to be honest. It's hard for me to choose only one badge, so I'll just choose a badge set from one of the regions. If I do that, then it's really between both the Kanto and Sinnoh region. The Kanto region had some of the most beautiful, creative designs I'd ever seen. The Sinnoh region, however, had more pristine/clean badges. Not only that, but I thought the gimmick where the player could clean their badges was very unique and entertaining. I also liked the additional gimmick that the badges created music when you tapped them (1st gym badge has the lowest tone, 8th gym badge has the highest tone). All in all, I'd have to go with the Sinnoh region's badges simply because they were extraordinary.

Deku

...But I ain't no scrub.
I've always loved the Thunder Badge - that one has to be my favorite.

A close second would be the Earth Badge, though. I've got a set of badge replicas from Gen I, and the Earth Badge just looks damn classy, even on the lapel of a suit jacket.

Fig

The Altruist
This is actually a very hard choice to do for me. I mean look at my 42 badges.

tumblr_m7ttxpUDC71qgik10o1_1280.png

Since I have a hard time with choosing 1 badge, I decided to choose a set of badges. The badge that takes the cake would have to be the Sinnoh set. I love the idea of cleaning the badges to make music out of them. Not only that, but the more a player cleans a badge, the higher the pitch it will have with the first badge having the lowest pitch and the last badge having the highest pitch. I always thought that was genius of GameFreak to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom