• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Favorite Game Over/Lose a Life Tune?

Mido

Version 1
One's journey through their favorite video game is one in which the fruits of success are chased and ideally achieved. Whether it is rescuing princesses from castles, saving solar systems from mad scientists, or taking over an entire city from rival gangs, glory manifests itself in the medium in many a way. On the journey to video game success, ultimately there are road blocks to be faced. Lost lives, a plethora of game over screens, in-game decisions that lead to undesirable outcomes and bad endings; there are many poisons to be picked. With all of this upon which to reflect, what is your favorite Game Over/Lose a Life tune and/or experience in gaming? Which experiences exemplify best the manifestation of blunder after blunder? While I could list a few myself, I think that few match the brilliance of this classic tune in which I believe Rare nearly perfected an art form:

The player goes into their endeavor with the confidence of a thousand suns, but before they know it, the "oooh" or "eeek" of Donkey or Diddy Kong escapes the television. The player scrambles to realize what is amiss until the aforementioned tune drops. The player had made an error, with Donkey or Diddy Kong scratching their heads in confusion looking right at them as if to ask, "what in the world just happened?" Unfortunately, the player has little time to reflect as the sound of a balloon's pop returns them to the map screen. With little else to do, the player hopes not to make the same mistake again in the Donkey Kong Country experience. ((I apologize for getting a little carried away with this. :sweat: ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom