• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Is Your Favorite Flavor of Ice Cream?

A

Algalord

There was a time when I used to think of vanilla as an insipid, plain flavor; I was always a chocolate guy growing up, like most kids. But, I have to say that while it's not my favorite, when you get a good ice cream with a rich vanilla flavor it's great by its own merits—without toppings. Still, I do enjoy adorning vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and the like from time to time.

It's hard to go wrong with chocolate, but in a way, plain chocolate ice cream on its own gets dull very quickly. If placed on a cone it'll gain some personality, but my favorite thing to do with it is to make a chocolate malt with it.

Chocolate and vanilla swirl soft serve results in a very satisfying amalgam.

Mint chocolate chip was one of my favorites, too, but I think I've kind of grown out of it. Maybe it's just because I kept getting the Dreyer's brand, which I actually hate for its airy texture; I have a predilection for heavier, richer ice creams.

Rocky road is great in its complexity in both flavor and mouth texture, and I really enjoy nuts in my chocolate. One of my main gripes with it, however, is that its embellishments mean it isn't the best candidate for a milkshake.

But, if I had to select a single type of ice cream I would go with coffee ice cream. Trader Joe's has a fantastic coffee ice cream that's one of the best I've ever had. I can't think of anything better, so I'd have to say that it's my current favorite.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I use to like cookie dough, but I became rather lactose intolerant. so I haven't been able to find a brand that I'm able to eat. ;-;''

However, that new real ice cream at Sonic is amazing. It doesn't affect me at all, and the Jr. Candy Sundae with M&M's is just the perfect size for a quick and refreshing snack. <3

M

MegaLink

My favorite flavor is cookies and cream, though I'd almost say my favorite should be strawberry. But, it comes really close.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Personally I prefer sorbets to ice-creams but whatever tickles your peach. :)

I do love Ben and Jerry's ice-creams though. Half bake, chocolate brownies, cookie dough especially! I also love coconut flavoured ice-cream! It has texture and flavour!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I absolutely adore chocolate ice-cream! If I ever have the chance to get it, i'll take it and savor every bite...without getting brainfreeze of course. XD

I also like bubblegum , strawberry, mint, honeycomb and vanilla ice cream.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I love vanilla ice cream. its my favorite. I absolutely hate chocolate ice cream, it just doesn't taste like chocolate to me.

I like pretty much any flavor of ice cream, though my absolute favorite place to go is a place in my town called Sub-Zero. They have the best ice cream I have ever tasted n my life and they make it right in front of you.

A

Algalord

I use to like cookie dough, but I became rather lactose intolerant. so I haven't been able to find a brand that I'm able to eat. ;-;''

However, that new real ice cream at Sonic is amazing. It doesn't affect me at all, and the Jr. Candy Sundae with M&M's is just the perfect size for a quick and refreshing snack. <3

If you don't eat dairy products for a prolonged period of time, your intestines lose the enzyme needed to break it down. If you gradually introduce dairy into your diet you can regain that enzyme, from what I've heard.

Q

Queen Zelda

Vanilla is my favorite. I love cookie dough too though.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Vanilla is my favourite because of its simplicity and purity. Other ones I like a lot include chocolate, strawberry, and cookie dough. I find that some more complex flavours (like bubble gum) don't feel like ice cream anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom