• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Your Favorite Collectible Item from the Zelda Games?

Your favorite item?

• Secret Seashells (LA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Skulltulas (OoT)

• Masks (MM)

• Rings (OoX)

• Joy Pendants (WW)

• Kinstones (MC)

• Imp Poes (TP)

• Gems (PH)

• Rabbits (ST)

• Other (Explain)

• Total voters

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Starting with Link's Awakening, there have always been items in each Zelda game that either granted odd powers, or that would allow you to get an upgrade once enough were collected.

What is your favorite collectible item from the Zelda series, and why?

My favorite would probably be the masks from MM, because they were the most unique and personalized. The rings from OoX are a close runner-up for similar reasons.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I do not really enjoy collecting, as I see it, it's just a boring thing to keep the game played longer. But I do like occasionally grabbing a heart piece or catching a bunny, I just don't like going all over the land to do so. But I love the getting heart containers in the DS games, no heart pieces. 8]

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I've choose rings, because it possess a lot of powers. However if the poll survey can choose more than 1 i will also choose mask, Mask can also give you a special power's specially the zora's mask.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I can't decide between "Masks" or "Other." Like you said, the masks are so personalized, and I just like the concept behind them. As for other - the Minish Cap Figurine Shop. I normally hate things like that, and perhaps if I'd ever attempted to get all the figurines, I'd dislike it (seems very easy to run out of shells near the end.) However, it was oddly addicting to play the drawing. Once I finally wandered into the shop to attempt it I ended up betting almost all my shells because the figurines were so cute.

Din Akera

Sniper
The Imp Poes from TP.
I loved the gritiness of the whole game, but this really came out with the poes. In general I felt the game was a little more mature and this translated in the sidequests too. But I really enjoyed the poes. Mostly because they had some complexity to them. Like the skulltulas in OoT, they were only out a night, unless they were indoors. Also, you had to be a wold to destroy them. THis added some complexity to the fact that they were only avalible to you after you were able to transform back and forth freely. But my favorite part was definitely the grusome factor. The double hit to knock them down, followed by ripping their soul from their chest! And they scream as you do it! :O what!? that is freaking awesome! I know this makes me sound like a horrible twisted person, but remember I play Resident Evil. lol

13foxes

I chose the masks. They involve many unique sidequests, and are very fun to collect. The other collectible items are kinda boring, random, and repetitive. Just go randomly and you'll see one eventually, collect it, then go to find another one, without having to think much about HOW you would get them. They're all too simple to collect. The masks, however, are more complicate and difficult to get. The masks make MM - a game which has only 4 temples - become enjoyable and interesting. They drew me in the game right from the beginning.

Also, I don't usually collect all the items (gold skulltulas, rabbits, sea shells, etc) on my first playthrough. The masks were the only exception. I tried really hard and succeed in collecting them all before I went to meet Skull Kid. =)

Last edited:
I'm going to go with the masks. They seem to be the most unique collectible thing that you can still use for a purpose. Even if it doesn't have a special ability it is funny to see people reactions when you talk to the whilst wearing different masks. The other ones I like are the kinstones and the seashells. I never really cared for skulltulas or poes. The rings on OoX are also very interesting because they give you different abilities.

One item that should be added to the list is heart pieces.

The Mask's hands down because that's like a million side-quests of awesomeness! The kinstones were great as well. But I truly enjoyed collecting the Gold Skulltula Tokens.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The Mask's hands down because that's like a million side-quests of awesomeness! The kinstones were great as well. But I truly enjoyed collecting the Gold Skulltula Tokens.

The only thing with the Skulltulas is that there's no real incentive to get all 100 other than the fact you can say you got them all, unless you happen to need a couple hundred rupees at the time you get the 100th. I mentioned this idea in another thread a month or so ago ... instead of just 200 rupees for the 100th Skulltula, how about some kind of keepsake of the Skulltula family (like a pendant or something of that nature, and it replaces the Skulltula symbol/counter on the Quest Status screen) that automatically dispels the 6 barriers in Ganon's Castle when you enter the main room, letting you skip the 6 rooms and go right to the Tower. That would add a lot of incentive to getting them all.

Call me strange, but I rather liked the kinstones. It was a fun little sidequest. Gathering them, finding someone with a matching piece, all that. I think that game took me much longer than it should have because I was obsessed with finding them.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I always preferred the masks in Majora's masks. It's fun to collect since they give you certain abilities and they grant you access to certain places and events. My favorite mask was the Fierce Diety Mask. That raw power makes you feel invincible, yet the drawback is that the magic beams cost magic power. Though Chateau Romani can fixed that. :D

Though LA was my first game, I was puzzled what were mystery shells in that game, till I collected 20 of them. It was a good sidequest, but was rather boring. So i chose masks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom